Thread: Detox diet????

Detox diet????

So, I am getting married in 2 weeks... I'm pretty basically happy with my body etc., and don't think I'd fit into my *dress* if I lost any weight, but I've been feeling run down and tired and haven't been eating my normal vegan/health food diet or going to the gym for several weeks, because I'm getting married and I'm so damn busy! I am considering doing a 2 week detox diet that i found online, just to kind of wash out my system so I'm feeling my best for the "big day" and the weeklong vacation afterward - has anyone else tried anything like this? Did it do you any good? Any suggestions for what to try/what not to try?

2. # ADS

I've done plenty of detoxes... what specifically do you have in mind? This spring, I did an all-raw detox (no cooked foods) and it worked so well, I'm still doing it! almost 2 months now, I guess... Search forums for a thread called "cleanse" and see what others did around that same time...

(Oh, you know what? Right now might now be a good time to detox, because it usually makes you feel a little worse before you feel a lot better, and often will make you break out... How about maybe a colonic, a facial, abody wrap, and lots of healthy fruits and dark green veggies? Some really great supplements? Pamper yourself! You deserve it!)

If you're super busy with the wedding and understandably stressed, why put your body through even more stress right now?

I'm just worried that detox is so hard and you need to be restful during it that it might just make things worse - maybe a quick flush this weekend and then go back to your normal healthy vegan ways to ensure you've got the energy to become a bride :)

Thanks for the advice!

My fiance and I had been talking about doing it together - but we (he) had some doubts... and we've never really done anything like this before, so I wasn't really sure what to expect.

I am going for a facial this afternoon - that should be a good, calming experience.

Maybe it would be a better thing to try after we get back from boozing it up on the honeymoon ;).

Might NOT be a good time to detox!! Bad typo, sorry! Now is NOT the time to detox... Better to spa it up... I think you got the message already....

Remove Ads

Ads