Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pancakes

Pancakes

My son, who is kind of a picky eater, is into pancakes these days and since you all had kick butt ideas for salads I thought I'd ask for more help with yummy pancake recipes. We can't do eggs or nuts but I can just omit them from your recipes. Thanks and I'm drooling in advance.

2. # ADS

this one is really light and fluffy:
    3 cups all purpose flour
    3 tbs white sugar
    3 tsp baking power
    1 1/2 tsp baking soda
    3/4 tsp salt
    3 cups buttermilk
    1/2 cup milk
    3 eggs
    1/3 cup butter, melted

combine flour, sugar, powder, soda & salt --
    in separate bowl, beat buttermilk, milk, eggs & melted butter

pour wet mixture into dry mixture - stir until just blended together. (don't over stir). scoop or pour about 1/2 cup for each pancake - brown on both sides and serve hot

(lightly oiled griddle or pan over medium high heat).

Substitue a 1/4 cup banana for each egg in the pancake recipe. Then add more banana! We love our banana pancakes. Sometimes I just cut up the banana into slices and they sort of pan fry within the pancakes, and sometimes I smash them and they make the whole pancake gooey. Either way, they're great without syrup.

crepé recipe

i tried this one last week... yummy!

egg replacer equal to 2 eggs
    1C soy milk
    1/3C water
    1C flour
    2TBSP dry sweetener
    1TSP vanilla
    2TBSP margarine or butter

in a blender or food processor blend all ingredients for 20 seconds. do not over mix the batter. chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour. pour batter into the hot pan, covering the bottom. cook til the edges are brown and the top looks dry. loosen edges and flip with a spatula. cook for 15 more seconds. adjust the heat as needed.

you can fill these with a number of ingredients, like strawberries, bananas, or nuts. i had crepés in paris with lemon and honey, and another with nutella. yum!!

Maybe you could try some different toppings? When I was in Norway, I learned to love pancakes with sour cream and strawberry jam on them. People think I'm crazy, but seriously, it's soooo good.

those banana pancakes sound yummy!

also try putting in an assortment of stuff. yeah, chocolate's not the best for you, but they're great with chocolate chips, m&m's, peanut butter chips, etc. i learned this from my college days. we had a waffle maker, and an ice cream bar w/ toppings. we'd get the toppings and sprinkle them in our batter! yeah!

i dont know how pancakes are gonna work out with out eggs, but there is a pancake recipie in my blog (i have orange zest added, so if you just want plain then its fine with out, too)

Here is one of my favorite pancake recipes (from digs magazine):

Gingerbread Pancakes

1 1/4 cup flour
    1 tsp. baking powder
    1/8 tsp. salt
    1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp. ground ginger
    1 Tbsp. brown sugar
    2 Tbsp. molasses
    1 Tbsp. cooking oil or melted butter
    1 egg
    1 cup milk
    ¼ cup sour cream or yogurt

Mix the dry together; mix the wet together; mix it all together. Here's the url: http://digsmagazine.com/nourish/nour...adpancakes.htm.

Enjoy!

these oatmeal pancakes are kind of like cookies...

warm 1 cup of milk on stove. when hot, add 2/3 cup oatmeal (either quick or old fashioned, depending on your taste), remove from heat and let stand covered ~5 minutes.

in a separate bowl, combine:
    2/3 cup flour
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 tbsp brown sugar
    2 tsp baking powder
    a few shakes of cinnamon if you like

in another bowl, combine:
    2 eggs *
    2 tsp oil or melted butter
    1 tsp vanilla

mix the wet and dry ingredients (including oatmeal and milk mixture.) cook on oiled griddle at medium heat.

* i know your boy can't do eggs. that sucks because if you separate them and whip the whites into a merengue and fold them in after everything is mixed in they are crazy fluffy - good for any pancake or waffle recipe

Thanks sjkmaurice, I made the bananna pancakes this morning and they were super yummy. I put soy nut butter on my son's pancakes and secretly put peanut butter on mine, soooo good.

Sarabell - those oatmeal pancakes sound lip smackin' good. I'll bust out the Ener-G egg substitute and give them a whirl!!! Thanks. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads