Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recipe Swap

Recipe Swap

Okay, so I saw this awesome recipe book thing that somebody gave my aunt for her birthday and thought it would be an awesome idea for a swap.

Even if you don't know how to cook or bake, maybe you have a significant other who can whip up something in a flash.

If interested, pls send me an email or PM by Wednesday the 15th. I'm going to limit this to 20 people...so let me know asap. Your recipes will be due by Friday July 8th. If you have any questions, let me know.

-----THE RULES-----
    Send 10 filled out recipe cards to me by July 8th. You in turn will receive 10 back, and a lovely mixture it will be.

-Each card cannot measure bigger then 3"x5" and you cannot under any circumstances use regular recipe cards unless you plan on coloring, collaging or doodling on it to change it's appearance at least somewhat. Normal index cards are acceptable, so long as you doodle, etc as above. We are all crafty here, share the wealth. Just make sure your recipe is readable.

-All recipes must be handwritten (on the back is fine too)...come on think nostalgia here...none of this computer printed stuff.

-Any recipe that you, a friend or someone in your family has made is acceptable. Please don't copy something from Betty Crocker. When I say any recipe, I mean anything...from entrees, desserts, breakfasts, vegetarian dishes, even if you make a killer frosting...let us know about it.

-If you are Vegan/Vegetarian, please let me know when you sign up...so that I can try and make sure that I send you appropriate recipes.

2. # ADS

I love this idea - I just sent you a pm!

i'm in!

Question - Does it have to be all recipes that we've made up? Or can it be recipes that we've tweaked and made our own?

good question-- i'm going on the assumption they can be 'adapted'. mine would have to be, because I've only ever totally made up one or two recipes in my life!

count me in!!! i'm so excited....
    i just sent you a PM about it.

i'm looking at this again and my recipe cards are 4 X 6......
    3 X 5 cards tend to get lost in my box..... perhaps someone might be willing to make an exception? i would....

i would too! i actually started cutting out some 3X5's and thought they looked a little small.......

you know, even if people don't want to get involoved in this swap (or don't get signed up in time), this is a great gift idea for a wedding or shower gift - my mom did this for me. she sent a stack of cards to my aunts and grandmothers and close family friends and put them all in a box for me. it's a great gift. not only did people put their own favorites on the cards that matched the box, but there are a lot of old recipes on their own cards and some old magazine pages, all the random things that get placed in a recipe box. it was a great gift and will always be cherished.

If we're voting, I vote for the larger size. We could craft it up a bit more. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads