Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What are you making for dinner?

So, I was planning out dinner and thought "I wonder what everyone is making." So, here I am asking...
    Tonight I decided I had some chorizo that need to be used and potaoes...mmmm chorizo and potaoes. Then I remembered seeing Rachel Ray make a fried dish with potatoes, chorizo and onion.http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._31259,00.html I love her show because she always gives me an idea to make my own variation on. I decided to bake my potaoes before and throw them in the fridge for a bit, I think they are better this way when your gonna fry them up with something. I'm also using scallions for the onions, and garic butter with corn oil instead of corn oil. And I don't have parsly but I got some mexican oregano that I may throw a little into the mix. I'm also gonna make some black beans seasoned with cumin, chili powder, garlic as a side, although I know we will end up throwing all of the above into tortillas with cheese, sour creme and avocado.
    What are you making? Or having? I'm a total foodie and love to cook and always looking for ideas for dinner. Whats your favorite thing to make? We eat tons of mexican foods in this house! they're often quick, can be varried by optional toppings by each person eating and are just so yummy anyday.

2. # ADS

I'm making barbeque pork in the crockpot (for sandwiches) and I made a blueberry pie for dessert!

ooooh, i like this thread! i have just recently begun to get into cooking, and i try to make a home cooked meal every nite... keep in mind that i have just started cooking, so my meals may sound awfully simple *blush*
    last nite was burgers (ground beef mixed with onions, fresh garlic, worcestishire sauce, and egg) and tater tots (with fajita seasoning) and honey mint tea that i made
    tonite i am going to make an attempt at gyros with cucumber sauce, i am having trouble finding ground lamb though...
    and then after dinner i am going to try a scone recipe for an on the run breakfast tomorrow morning (can't seem to find a few ingredients for that either!)

hey illybang, when I make gyros I use turkey fillets insead of lamb. Thats more of a personal preference though since I had a pet baby lamb when I was about 3-4 yrs. old. So no lamb is eaten in this house:D. But the turkey is really good!
    amyr I haven't had pork bbq since the last time we were in southern IL! WoW! that sounds sooo good! MAy have to make that soon!

Quote Originally Posted by girlsavage
    hey illybang, when I make gyros I use turkey fillets insead of lamb. Thats more of a personal preference though since I had a pet baby lamb when I was about 3-4 yrs. old. So no lamb is eaten in this house:D. But the turkey is really good!
    i'm the same way about veal, although i've never had a pet cow but my grandfather and i used to visit the dairy farm and pet the baby cows
    i can't seem to find the lamb anyway, so i think i'll try turkey
    thanks for the idea! i'll let you know how it turns out

i made gazpacho today! i'm excited for it to chill so i can have it for dinner. and since it's the season, all the veggies are mine or from the farmers market!
    we're also having grilled salmon and something else.....haven't figured it out yet.

I don't know what to make! There's some chicken breast but its frozen, there's some couscous, a green pepper, I just don't know what to do with all these things today.

I picked up some Japanese eggplant last week at the farmer's market, and since Fridays are market days I should probably finish them tonight!

So I have to decide if I'm going to try to make Indian eggplant (Baigan Bhartha, spellings may vary) or Chinese eggplant (Yu Hsiang) - either way I really need an onion!

Sweetpea: stuff the pepper with the couscous! Yum!

good old tacos. standard really, ground beef, cheese, lettuce... gotta love those crispy shells. and refried beans are just sooooo good!

Tonight--nachos! I've been craving TexMex since I got back from visiting my parents this spring, but it isn't readily available here, so I'm making my own. Ground turkey with taco seasoning, black beans (cooked from dry with lots of garlic and cumin), homemade guacamole, sour cream, and shredded cheese. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have Tecate to wash it down...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads