NaNoWriMo - Recipes for freezing/easy recipes/ etc.

So I signed up for the insanity of NaNoWriMo again this year, and I know there are other craftistas out there who have done the same.

So I was reading the "get ready for November" thread over there, and somebody was talking about cooking a bunch of meals to freeze for November. Seeing as how I am often working in the late afternoon/early evening, this sounds like an excellent idea.

So - any good recipes for freezing, or simple things to throw in the crock pot, or just super easy meals that make good "writer fuel?"

2. # ADS

Oh my gosh this is a good idea. I keep thinking I should get a slow cooker/crock pot so I can throw stuff in and have something to eat by the time I get home!

Anything Rachel Ray-- I find that the meatloaf muffins freeze well (I made mine with ground turkey instead of meatloaf mix) http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._29712,00.html

Also super-easy (and I don't remember where I found it, but it was online so I thank the person who created it):

Chicken breast (boneless. skinless)
    1 can coconut milk (not sweetented)
    1 shallot (chopped)
    Olive oil
    1 T Curry Paste (whatever kind you like)
    Heat up your olive oil and pop in your shallot, let it get nice and translucent. Drop in the curry paste and let it sizzle a bit until it releases its nice aroma. Pour in can of coconut milk, whisk so all is nicely combined, and let come to a simmer. Once simmering, pop in the chicken breast (or breasts) and allow to return to a simmer. Cook until chicken is cooked through (you can turn it if you like)-- for me that is usually about 10-15 mins. It will cook quicker if you cut your chicken into chunks or strips, as you like. Good served over rice.

i like to make and freeze pesto. later - its as easy as as making pasta and adding a bag.

i don't have a cut and dry method but typically i throw argula in the food processor so its chopped into smal pieces. then i mince lots of garlic. I then mix both with olive oil, pinenuts, and parm cheese. i taste frequently during the process until i have a blend i like. i usually make the flavor a little stronger, as the pesto will be mixed at some point with pasta or a vegetable. i also add salt.

Quote Originally Posted by brightsun
    i like to make and freeze pesto. later - its as easy as as making pasta and adding a bag.

i don't have a cut and dry method but typically i throw argula in the food processor so its chopped into smal pieces. then i mince lots of garlic. I then mix both with olive oil, pinenuts, and parm cheese. i taste frequently during the process until i have a blend i like. i usually make the flavor a little stronger, as the pesto will be mixed at some point with pasta or a vegetable. i also add salt.
    pesto is one of my favorite things! i don't like basil, so i make mine with a mix of parsley, cilantro, and mint. i throw in garlic, toasted pine nuts, and lots of lemon, salt, and pepper. then i whizz it with olive oil. no parmesan--too heavy for these herbs. this makes the most refreshing pesto. yum!

Yes, another one-- this one requires some chopping, but then is pretty mellow. It also freezes well:

http://www.cuisinedumonde.com/butter_chix.html

athena - i'm trying that pesto recipe - sounds divine! :)

Remove Ads

Ads