Thai food recommendation

I want to try Thai food, but I don't like spicy food. Is there anything you can recommend that isn't super hot. I'm also allergic to spinach and I hear Thai food has a lot of spinach in it.

2. # ADS

try the citrus chicken. the dishes will have different names depending on where you go, but citrus + chicken is always yummy. :)

many thai restaurants let you order a dish on a scale of 1-10 in terms of hotness/spice. you can get something very low, and it won't be very spicy.

Coconut milk based curries are my favorite, those you can ask for a 2 or 3 star.

I will second the coconut milk curries (they are usually just called "green curry" or "red curry" on menus). They can be a little spicy, but you can usually ask the restaurant to tone it down for you.

Also, I'm not sure if it has spinach in it, but Pad Thai is a good basic dish.

And if you like sweet things, be sure to try a Thai iced-coffee or a Thai iced-tea. Both are made with condensed milk.

Mmm mmm mmm. I love Thai food!

Pad thai does not have spinach.

I actually have not seen a lot of spinach in Thai food, but one thing is that there are often whole basil leaves in the curry, which look like spinach. It seems like you ought to be able to request any dish without spinach, or check before ordering.

A few delicious and unspicy dishes that I've gotten include panang curry and masaman curry (both of which are also coconut-based ... masaman curry often has cashews in it ... yummm).

I've had Thai food that has been too spicy for me to eat, but at every restaurant I've ever been to they always had the option of requesting that your food not be spicy. So definitely just ask for your food to be less spicy, and your food should be fine.

You also should never feel about sending your food back if you request that it not be spicy, and you find that it's too spicy anyway.

I'm not sure how the dish is actually spelled, but I really like this dish that sounds like pad soo eee. It's chicken and noodles and a little bit of pepper or something (it Helps the dish, and I usually dislike pepper) and egg. It's very good. I prefer it to pad thai, but I do enjoy that, too.

I wish I knew the names for these thigns, but I second coconut-based curry things. I eat this one that has chicken in it and you pour over these fried noodle things that soften up under it. Sorry I don't know the names!

I like spicy Thai food, but I do not like going to get spicy Thai food and not being provided with enough rice... ooh, that angers me. There's no zen in my mouth then.

i second the paad thai-i dislike spicy foods (except wasabi), and i love it. and you can always request low spice, just in case the restaurant is spice happy.

i'll have to second xuli on the masaman curry. that's my all time favorite thai dish. so good, i always have tofu added to mine. not to spicy until you try to eat it cold the nest day, then the spices can get you... i'd just ask for them to make it milder.

--jessie

Remove Ads

Ads