Christmas Eve Dinner

Help! Any ideas for a good Christmas Eve dinner menu? It can't be ham--we're having that on Christmas day. I'll have about 12 people, and I want something not too formal--more on the casual side! Thanks for your help.

2. # ADS

Pan fried flank steak (I'd say get two steaks for 12 people). Slice it up on the diagonal and serve on a big platter.

Serve with roasted vegetables (perhaps asparagus?), wild rice, salad, some kind of bread. If you season the steak in an Italian style, serve bruschetta or ciabatta or something like that... if it is a mexican style serve with corn bread, etc...

-------------

OR

Do an Italian style dinner... they serve lots and lots of seafood. You can do a variation on that theme and sterve a nice Italian style seafood stew or something like that...

Hipe this helps a little!

christmas eve din din

my family used to have christmas eve dinners with our neighbors, which brought up the total people to around 12-15. she would just make a large lasagne (or two) maybe one with beef and the other with veggies. maybe with some risotto on this side, a salad and some bread. it's not very traditional but it was super easy for her to prepare most of it early then throw it in the oven so she can spend time with her guests!

My husband's family is Italian so they have a traditional seafood dinner. .... shrimp cocktail, smelts, spaghetti w/ tuna (its actually really good) , crab cakes, you get the idea. Totally different from the Christmas day ham dinner.

Occasionally my family gets Chinese take-out (usually on Christmas day, but it would work for Eve as well). It's very casual, everyone likes it, and it requires little to no work to prepare. Also, it's a nice variation from the traditional meat-heavy holiday meals.

we've been doing fondue the past few years.

Thanks for all of your great ideas! I think I'm going with the lasagna because I know my kids will eat it. (We do fondue on New Years Eve).
    I'll file away the other ideas for next year.
    Thanks!

One Christmas my oven had problems and I could do the traditional thing, so we had fajitas for Christmas! I cooked the meat on my indoor grill. We still talk about that Christmas dinner--they were darned good fajitas!

Remove Ads

Ads