Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: celeb chefs

anybody remember two fat ladies? One of them passed away. I never tried to cook any of their food and half the time I couldn't understand what they were even saying, but I liked watching their show and of course I thought that motorcycle with the sidecar was the shit.

Also over the summer on PBS there was this "reality cooking show" called Cooking Under Fire or something like that, with Ming Tsai and some other celeb chefs. The winner would go on to be the chef at one guy's restaurant. That guy, whoever he is, was a smug bastard. And even though a long time ago I used to sort of like Ming Tsai I think he is kind of a smug bastard now too. Like frat boys or something!

I have to admit I like Rick Bayless (also PBS - Mexico One Plate at a Time). He is a serious fruitcake but the one time I got to eat at Frontera Grill in Chicago it was really really good food.

So:
    Ming Tsai - hate
    Other guy from show - hate

Rick Bayless - love
    Two Fat Ladies - love

2. # ADS

I loved watching Two Fat Ladies with my dad. They made something once called squeaky pudding? I don't remember the name, I just remember going "Ew, people are going to eat that..."
    And my favorite chef for a long time was Morimoto (from the original Iron Chef. I named my rabbit after him.)
    I'm a fan of Jamie Oliver and Martha, too.

My daugher and I chant "Mor-i-mo-TO!!! Mor-i-mo-TO!!! Mor-i-mo-TO!!!" when he comes on until the boyz throw us out of the room. We think he's the bomb.

I loved Two Fat Ladies, but only seemed to catch the same two or three episodes.

I also like watching Nigella, but my husband, who has been a professional chef, cannot abide her, says her technique is terrible. I don't care, I think she's fun, and her technique is better than mine anyhoo.

I have a crush on Anthony Bourdain, host and narrator of A Cook's Tour. He has a couple of great books out, too.

I never make any of Nigella's recipes, it is the appalling technique I like. She'll do stuff like use scissors to cut chives, and I'll think "that is a wonderful idea!" and cut my chives with scissors. I've made some of Jamie Oliver's recipes though.

The stuff the 2 Fat Ladies cooked used to make sick just to watch. There was so much lard in everything, I felt pain in my liver.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs_stroozi

I have a crush on Anthony Bourdain, host and narrator of A Cook's Tour. He has a couple of great books out, too.
    Do you watch his show on the Travel Channel? It's one of my favorite TV shows ever.
    http://travel.discovery.com/fansites...travel_leftnav

Oo! Oo! Oo! Oo!

Alas, we don't have cable at the moment, so I've missed this incarnation of all things Chef Tony.

Damn. It's enough to break down and get cable.

Well, newbie here (first post, yeah!). But I looooove Michael Smith (Chef at Home, et al). But this stems from personal experience and adoring his Canadian style ;)

Welcome Tara! I'm kinda new too, but wanted to say it anyway.

oh i like tyler florence, and jamie oliver..and rachel ray, i think that's the right person, oh and martha too!! gotta love her

i can't stand the whole iron chef show, it's so dumb! hah, and emeril...boo

RIP JULIA CHILD

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads