Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: celeb chefs

Quote Originally Posted by zlimone
    i can't stand the whole iron chef show, it's so dumb! hah, and emeril...boo
    While I agree with you on Emeril, I must defend Iron Chef. I used to think it was HIDEOUS and BORING and AWKWARD. Well, it is hideous and awkward, but it's also delightful watching people make the most out of prawns and unisex salmon and zucchini. It sort of gives me hope that ANYTHING, no really ANYTHING, is possible.

2. # ADS

I guess I have a special place for Iron Chef because I lived in Japan for two years, before it got exported to the English speaking market. If you think that show is weird now, try watching it only in Japanese with nobody around to translate for you.

I am really surprised how much they've stuck to the Japanese format with the exported version. It's funny, but still weird as hell!

I like Rachel Ray, mainly for the ease of her meals, and it helps me branch out a little. I really love Martha, The Barefoot Contessa, and Paula Dean. Paula Dean makes me laugh, and is a joy to watch.

I love the Food Network in general, and can watch just about anythign they put on!

I can't STAND Iron Chef.

I haven't seen many of the celeb chefs on tv, I know them mainly through books.

I love Nigella, I find her recipes really good and they always turn out, and they're usually pretty easy and minimal effort for maximum results. I like her writing style and the way she talks about food. And she's so beautiful.

Jamie's great too and does inspire me to try new things out.

I just got an Alton Brown book from the library and he really appeals too- I get the feeling he'd have quite a fun show.

I liked Amanda Hesser's book "Cooking for Mr Latte"- I don't know if she's really acheived 'celeb' status exactly but I look out for her.

I wouldn't say I disliked her but I've never really *gotten* martha.

Quote Originally Posted by karlaBOO
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs_stroozi

I have a crush on Anthony Bourdain, host and narrator of A Cook's Tour. He has a couple of great books out, too.
    Do you watch his show on the Travel Channel? It's one of my favorite TV shows ever.
    http://travel.discovery.com/fansites...travel_leftnav
    he is totally my husband. i go to les halles all the time! i miss having travel channel now that he's not on food network...so sad!

~~~jealous jealous jealous~~~

So, does he hang out at les halles? (I know he's exec chef, there, just wondering if he actually frequents the place now he's Famous.) Can you see him in person???

~~~jealous jealous jealous~~~

Have you read his book, "Cooking Confidential?" It's terrific!

Quote Originally Posted by erinina
    Quote Originally Posted by karlaBOO
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs_stroozi

I have a crush on Anthony Bourdain, host and narrator of A Cook's Tour. He has a couple of great books out, too.
    Do you watch his show on the Travel Channel? It's one of my favorite TV shows ever.
    http://travel.discovery.com/fansites...travel_leftnav
    he is totally my husband. i go to les halles all the time! i miss having travel channel now that he's not on food network...so sad!
    That is EXACTLY like something I would say. :)

My hubby can't get why women like him so much. But Tony is a lot like my husband, and any of the guys I grew up with.

Yeah. He's like a Real Guy. I also have a serious thing for his physical type, the skinny guy with rubberbands at his joints, and the curly grey hair.....swoon...

time out ny voted him nyc's sexiest chef, so we are not the only ones who love him! and yes, i have read kitchen confidential - have you seen the fox show that is based on him? it is nothing like him, but i can't help but watch (or should i say watched, since it was cancelled).

but no, i have never actually seen or met him (so sad). i think he is usually off filming someplace exotic whenever i eat at les halles.

I watched the food network addictively for about a year. Now, I am hooked on the public television programs. I love that one that is set in Norway or Sweden... and I love Fast Food with Jacques Pepin.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads