Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: celeb chefs

"mmm" or "ooh, this is so good!" are cool, but i think the Giada/Rachel Ray types really go overboard and start moaning excessively and looking a little too blissed out. i tend to say "damn, this is SO good" or something, rather than groaning with pleasure.

2. # ADS

I pretty much love all the Food Network shows, because you''re supposedly watching for recipes but the real fun is in catching glimpses of the personal lives of the host. Ina Garten''s show is so fun to watch because you get to see her gorgeous Hamptons house and her relationship with her husband is hilarious. They''ve been married forever (like 40 years?) and she still gets all giddy over making treats for him! I like Paula Deen''s show for similar reasons, she just seems really honest and she''s got a ton of personality.

When it comes to actual cooking, I think Giada De Laurentiis has a lot of easy recipes that are hard to mess up. I''ve made her recipe for penne pasta with beef and arugula, which is INCREDIBLE, and also her cheese and spinach puffs which are yummy. Nothing too fancy, and the ingredients are usually stuff I have on hand. (Lots of chicken, pasta, and cheese.)

The only cook I loathe is Sandra Lee, and if you''ve ever once watched her show you know why.

Quote Originally Posted by grnsmurf28

The only cook I loathe is Sandra Lee, and if you''ve ever once watched her show you know why.
    she raises her voice at the end of every statement she makes. like everything is a fucking question or something. drives me bananas. gr!!

Quote Originally Posted by elixirbeth
    Quote Originally Posted by grnsmurf28

she raises her voice at the end of every statement she makes. like everything is a fucking question or something. drives me bananas. gr!!
    I loathe her too. She's too sales pitchy.

I'm into Gordon Ramsay these days--Hell's Kitchen on Fox and Kitchen Nightmares on BBC America.

I think that my favorite would have to be Rachel Ray. I know that sometimes she gets a little fancy for my small town tastes, but I do like a lot of her stuff. And she is rather down to earth.
    Shawna

i despise rachel ray, the sound of her voice makes the hair on my arms stand up.

i do however love giada, and her recipes. i also love mario batali and alton brown.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Remove Ads

Ads