Making home made chai...

It has been raining in Vancouver for 24 hours a day...all week! If I didn't know how to make Chai...I think I would have split my wrists by now...I am using half 1 percent milk, half water.. tea bags..classic or chai depending on what I see in the cupboard..cinnamon..black pepper..a mixed spice mix.. and well sugar-twin because I have my new years resolution!... Sometime the spices look a little dodgy...I take out the tea bags...and use my immersion blender to make the chai look frothy and not separated!.... My trick has been to use lower heat...I used to have the milk bubble over because I was impatient!! Using lower temperature..prevents the nasty milk skin!! there are tons of proper recipes out there on the web... My advice make yourself a batch...and cuddle into this crazy..january weather.. For those of you in Sunny Climes.. well I am jealous.

2. # ADS

It's been rainy and snowy or just gray here for several days. I may have to make myself a batch. Thanks!

Jen

I made myself some Chai a few days ago. Boy was it yummy!! Think I'll make some today....I'm having a really crappy day, and I could use some Chai with all it's wonderful sweetness and aroma!

i feel for you guys....i just moved from portland oregona to florida and it hasn't stopped raining since we left in december!
    i'm sending warm sunshiney thoughts your way...sewlittletime, sweetpea and louisa.
    i'm glad you guys have found the wonderful comfort of chai. and don't forget in the summer to drink it iced, yummmmmy.

I would add that some cardamom and ginger would make it taste good :)

You live in Vancouver? get yourself down to East is East and get some inspiration! make sure you use some fresh ginger, fresh ground pepper, i like some condensed (?) eagle brand milk. (just a spoonful or two) and organic milk (yum) plently more spices...

Also sending you folks in snow and crummy weather sunshine and warm weather thoughts...I'm in Tampa, FL and it's been beautiful. Sunny skies, not a cloud in sight...but I think I might make me a cup of chai anyways :)

if you go to an Indian store - look for some "Chai Masala". It's ready made spicies that just have to be added to brewing chai. If it's grainy, you can strain it.

I'm an easy way out kind of grrL and usually just mix the decafe ready made liquid chai with soy or cow's milk. You're all motivating me to try and make some on my own. Thanks!

I never thought of making my own chai. I just buy the little premade packets and add milk. I always ice it though.

I wish it would snow here!!!

Remove Ads

Ads