Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    i sauteed some broccoli with olive oil and garlic, and mixed it into hot penne, then put some parmesan cheese on top. it was awesome.

last night i sauteed sweet potatoes with sake, miso, and butter and ate it on rice.

2. # ADS

We made some leek and potato soup, otherwise known as that French soup I can't even begin to spell correctly. Instead of pushing it through a sieve, hubby ran the Braun portable blender through it, so it has a fine and lovely grainy texture.

beer and cheese sauce

beer & cheese sauce

i pretty much had the idea for this sauce from eating and LOVING beer cheese soup..it's really really easy and so so yummy.

i made this just for the 2 of us...

melt a few pads of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. stir in cheese and melt. (i cubed about 6 ounces of cheddar. you can use any cheese you like but, i think cheddar is nice with beer) once cheese is all melty, add 4 ounces of beer. add a few dashes of sea salt. let cook for a few minutes while stirring frequently. you don't want it getting too thick and cooked on the bottom. remove from heat and pour over pasta. it's delicious.

i think this sauce would be good on lots of stuff..like veggies or it could be used as a dipping sauce...all fondue style.

happy cooking!

is anyone else totally hooked on epicurious? i LOVE the recipes i find there. as much as id love to buy all the foodie magazines, its so much cheaper just to scour that site!

the other day i made a carrot soup with dill pesto, brie and apricot sandwiches, and lightly dressed arugula. the soup needed some extra garlic and cayenne for a kick, but other than that i followed the recipe to a tee and it turned out fabulous.

I had completely forgotten about epicurious. thank you!

We are making our weekly soup: split pea this week.

Hey - I actually have something to contribute to this thread!

I made no-bake chocolate cookies last night. A classic from my childhood! Mix together cocoa, sugar, butter, and milk on the stove, let it boil for five minutes, and then stir in some oats. Spoon out onto wax paper and let cool.

YUM!

Yum, I love those no-bake cookies! I usually add some peanut butter, too. Cause everything is better with a little more fat...

I'm about to make "tuna mornay" - some for tea tonight and the rest to freeze for after the baby is born (lots of books seem to recommend cooking and freezing meals ahead of time for when you don't feel like cooking after the birth).

It's quick and simple: a mixture of flour, butter, curry & mustard powders to which you add canned tuna and lemon juice (I think that's all). You serve it with rice and it's scrumptious!

I edited to say that I forgot the magic ingredient: milk! And my mother (it's her recipe) actually calls it devilled tuna, not tuna mornay. Phew, I can rest easy.

Made Mulligatawny (sp?) soup over the weekend - REALLY GOOD. I was able to freeze enough for 2 more meals as well (score!!!)

Tonight I will either make homemade macaroni and cheese, or spahagetti sauce - haven't decided yet.

Over the weekend we made springrolls at a friends house - those will be added to our meal rotation as well! Just marinated and then stir fried chicken or shrimp (or tofu ... ), and some boiled vermicelli noodles. Also some diced cucumber, carrot, and some peanut sauce (peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic and ginger). You prepare the rice wrap by just soaking in water for 15-30 sec, and then wrap one up on your plate. REALLY good, and healthy. Kind of like Asian tacos - yum!

We will be having beer-batter fried cod tonight, with tater tots.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads