Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What are you cooking?

I live right near a Greenmarket (which is what we call our farmer's markets here in NYC) and I did a lot of cooking this fall. I made preserves, pitted cherries for freezing, and put away crowder beans. I made tons of poultry stew and pasta sauce. Now I'm in the process of eating my way through it.

What are you cooking right now?

2. # ADS

I just finished making veggie chili. Now I need to put the leftovers in plastic baggies and freeze them.

I'm about to cook some pasta with garlic, olive oil and chilli for my lunch!

Just finished eating my trademark vegan macaroni and "cheese" with a green salad for dinner.

I'm not vegan, but boy do I love vegan mac and cheese.

Got a huge pot of chicken stock in the fridge. We need to divide it up and freeze most of it for soups and future... whatever you need stock for.

though this is indeed a domestic topic, i'm moving this to consuming pleasures as it seems a more appropriate place....

and i made a big pot of beef stew earlier tonight. enough for a couple more bowls tomorrow night.

pizza from scratch lately! Yum!

I'm planning to make sort fo a cheeseburger pie. I've got leftover spaghetti in my fridge, soem ground beef in my freezer, and the last of a block of cheddar. Chop up some onions, and something else, toss it in a pyrex dish, and see what I come up with!! Hmmm....I have some pasta sauce too. I supose I should toss that in so the spaghetti doesn't dry out, huh?
    Otherwise, I've been on a baking spree. Next up, orange oatmeal raisin cookies. I was going to make these weeks ago, but then we all got slapped w/ a nasty cold virus.
    I can't wait to try them!
    And my yonger son's 4th birthday is on thursday, so I may bake him a cake. We'll see how motivated I am for that one.

I've been on a cooking-in-large-quantity rampage lately. I made a huge pot of soup with vegetables, barley, and pasta the other day (I still have tons left), an enormous amount of pasta bolognese last night, and tonight sauteed breaded chicken breasts with mashed wasabi sweet potatoes. Apparently I think my body needs an extra layer of fat to shield me from the cold!

So much cheaper and satisfying to eat at home, but such a bitch to cook every night, so I am making an effort to cook stuff in big quantities! We're on our third night of chicken tortilla soup. We cook up a huge pot of soup, then in our individual bowl, add a bit of shredded cheese, sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, fresh cilantro, green onion, and some raw spinach leaves. Heaven!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads