View Poll Results: Do you eat a healthy breakfast?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

22 52.38%
  • i skip breakfast

4 9.52%
  • sometimes

13 30.95%
  • i usually eat an unhealthy breakfast

3 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

healthy breakfast ideas

i'm eatting super healthy again. i went off the wagon there for awhile, but i'm back in control.

one bad habit i have never broken is not, or hardly ever, eatting breakfast. i usually don't feel like it or think about it, or i just don't make time to eat breakfast in the mornings. but i pay for it all day long by feeling too hungry and over eatting. no more!

but i'm going to start dang it! i tend to go for things like whole wheat english muffins with some natural peanut butter or just a dab of whipped light butter, fruit salad, amy's breakfast burritos, slow cook oatmeal (on the weekends). no power bars for me! i don't want the stuff they put in those bars, whether they are "health food" or not. and i'm not into smoothies for breakfast.

do you guys have any interesting yummy and healthy recipes or ideas for breakfast? something beyond the old cereal and milk standard?

2. # ADS

I eat a semi-healthy breakfast. I usually have two toaster waffles with peanut butter. It's not going to win any healthy awards, but at least it's not a donut.

My breakfasts tend to vary based on the time of year, but the usual are:

cream of wheat (hah, accidentally typed "cream of what" there...)
    bagel with peanut butter
    yoghurt with honey and granola (I've recently started making my own yoghurt, so this is the current fav)

Though I'm not a mad-about-breakfast person myself, I find that I do eat better throughout the day if I start with breakfast and generally have a better start.

There are some good ideas on this thread:

http://www.getcrafty.com/viewtopic.php?t=5545

I swear I recently saw a recipe for breakfast couscous, though. Let me see....

For me, it's usually just a whole grain bagel with cream cheese, peanut butter or plain butter. Or a big bowl of cereal with skim milk. And I try to buy healthy cereal (first and foremost for the kids). Or oatmeal.

if i have time, i have oatmeal with molasses. if not, i have some kind of "bar" like a Clif or Odwalla bar. this is assuming i make my coffee at home, which i try to do every day. if i get my coffee at the school coffee house, i usually end up eating one of their delicious scones for breakfast.

It kind of depends on my mood.
    Typical choces for me are:
    cinnamon toast
    pop tarts
    a bowl of cereal or oatmeal w/ fat free milk
    a banana, sliced, w/ vanilla yogurt and some wheat germ sprinkled on top
    a poached egg and fruit
    There's more, but this list just shows how goofy I am in the morning!!

Not a breakfast eater, never have been. I have a weird nervous type of stomach in the morning...atleast for the first couple of hours I'm awake. I usually drink keifer or some other pro biotic yogurt drink and then have tea or coffee....but...BUT....I love breakfast food...eggs...YUM!!

I think there are plenty of people out there who can't stomach breakfast or food during the first few waking hours and it's ok! Everything is not for everyone. If I do eat breakfast, I just feel too full and then I eat way more during the whole day...doesn't make sense and it's not fun. It's really best to find what works for you.

My bf eats oatmeal and bacon for breakfast almost everyday. I'm an egg girl and he isn't fond of eggs.

I got a waffle maker for Christmas and have been putting it to good use...waffles are so much fun and gratifying to make, not to mention delicious....we put honey on ours.

almost every day (like 29 times out of 30), i eat:

1oz. raw nuts
    with 3/4 cup Kashi Go Lean
    sprinkling of raisins or dried cranberries.

in that 29 out of 30 times, i eat within an hour of waking up. i'm insulin resistent, and this has helped me TREMENDOUSLY in cutting down on how much i eat the rest of the day, and regulating my insulin.

i used to think i couldn't eat breakfast for hours, until i started forcing myself to. now i can't not eat breakfast. i realized that that "nervous" feeling was actually hunger for me.

i think i read this bit of logic in a jorge cruise book: if you eat dinner at 7pm, but then don't eat until lunch at 12pm, that's 17 HOURS that you are not FUELING your body.

so this is what works for me. i'm a lot happier and i've lost about 5 pounds by making just this one change.

your mileage may vary, of course.

I like to have omelets or scrambled eggs w/ lots of veggies and a bit of cheese. I am also not averse to eating leftovers. I sometimes have whole grain toast w/ a bit of natural organic peanut butter (only peanuts) from Trader Joe's (that stuff is amazingly good).

Fresh berries if in season.

thanks guys!

i've been eatting either fruit salad or a whole wheat english muffin with natural peanut butter in the morning.

i'm particularly loving the english because it's warm and tastes yummy. ( i just had major deja vu! did i post this whole topic once before? probably.) anyway, i feel so much better all day long because i've been eatting breakfast. i think i'm really sensitive to changes in my blood sugar, that's what usually drives me to eat. and when i don't eat breakfast i end up having a huge lunch and something sugary. i haven't been doing that since i've been eatting breakfast.

epicurious.com has a recipe for baked sweet cous cous that i'm going to try. and i'm going to try mrs stroozi's idea of making a big batch of slow cook oatmeal and refrigarating it to eat all week long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads