martha's new magazine: food

anyone seen it? i was offered a free copy and am looking forward to it.

2. # ADS

I got that card in the mail to sign up for a free copy, and I did, but I haven't seen it yet. Is it out already?

hi! i have a subscription to this, and it's great! i only got the may issue a few days ago. i made the recipe for one (chicken with green beans, tomatoes, and parmesan rice) last night. i ended up burning the rice and veggies (oops!) but the chicken came out delicious!

i got an offer for the free issue / sign up for the subscription as well. although my guy is the chef in the house, i really am looking forward to the new mag -- when i can get it out of my guy's hands!!

plus maybe in some small insignificant way me subscribing to the new mag is supporting martha -- jail time or not!

well, martha is not the only one who will be supported. there is the actual editor of the magazine and the copywriters and the support staff and the printers and and and... martha is who she is, but she doesn't exist in a vacuum.

:-)

athena,
    yeah, that goes without saying. there are always tons of people who support martha's endeavors. she wouldn't be the powerhouse she is without hundreds of nameless others. i was referring to 'support' as in some kind of support due to her recent issues with the lawsuits. like a flailing attempt to show my love for martha even though she is going to jail.

on a side note, belleville, nj is my home town!! nice to see someone else from that area, doesn't happen very often. actually, although she would rather this information be public knowledge, martha is originally from nutley, nj.

It's an awsome little magazine. Even the recipes in the ads are tasty!

Plus everything is pretty easy to make.

When I got a free copy of MS Kids, I got like three bills before I even got my sample issue. That was kind of annoying.

(I subscribed, though. MS Kids is GREAT.)

ive been getting it for about a year. the june 2004 issue is #13, so its been out a little over a year i guess, since they put out 10 issues per year. i love it. the recipes are simple and practical and delicious! plus the pictures are gorgeous :)

Quote Originally Posted by silverfish2007
    ive been getting it for about a year. the june 2004 issue is #13, so its been out a little over a year i guess, since they put out 10 issues per year. i love it. the recipes are simple and practical and delicious! plus the pictures are gorgeous :)
    So y'all ARE talking about Everyday Food! I was so confused; I've checked out this thread a few times and thought there was another Martha food mag out that I totally missed, heh. In that case, I can say without a doubt that it's absolutely worth the price of subscription -- there are always a couple of recipes that I use the same month I get the mag, which is rare for me, and it's really a nice, clean, pretty magazine. The recipes are great -- I don't really associate them with MS, though, because they're so easy to follow. I like it as much, if not better, than Cooking Light, which is saying a lot.

Remove Ads

Ads