Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

fanny cake recipe?

my friend had a cake called fanny cake when she visited savannah, georgia. would anyone here have a recipe for that? is it a southern thing?

2. # ADS

I have never heard of it!!! Cant wait to hear more!! I wonder if it is anything to do with the Fanny Farmer cookbook?

maybe it's shaped like a butt. or, if you're in Australia, something else...

okay, probably not. i am infantile, and find references to "fanny" in relationship to food amusing.

or, if you're in Australia, something else...
    Or Britain.....Sorry, but that's what I immediately thought as well. I mean, I had a willy cake once. That was for my hen party. It was frosted in a lovely mauve color...

fanny cake recipe?

oh, gosh! i forgot what else i could be asking for! what a funny post.

my pal said fanny cake is sort of between a cake and a brownie, and the topping has cream cheese that is baked with the cake part, so it browns slightly in the oven. it is called "fanny cake" cos the calories go straight to your fanny, or bum in our country! huh!

i made the mistake of doing an image search for "fanny cake" and saw some of the sorts of cakes you are all talking about! haha, joke's on me!

made the mistake of doing an image search for "fanny cake" and saw some of the sorts of cakes you are all talking about! haha, joke's on me!

Oh dear! I don't even want to think about some of the images that turned up! I'm laughing!!!

(That also reminds me.....a friend said she wanted to buy something for her son from Dick's Sporting Goods. Someone suggested she just buy it online. They told her, "Just go on dicks.com." Her advice? Don't go on dicks.com --- especially at work.)

[quote="cackalackie"]

(That also reminds me.....a friend said she wanted to buy something for her son from Dick's Sporting Goods. Someone suggested she just buy it online. They told her, "Just go on dicks.com." Her advice? Don't go on dicks.com --- especially at work.)
    My friend's son did that when he was about 11 yrs old. Poor kid freaked 'cuz he couldn't get out of it...just kept getting pop-ups. All his parents could do was laugh, because he was so embarrassed!

i made a boob cake for my friend's birthday once. i just baked two round layers for a cake, pushed them together side by side (you can shave a little off the sides so they fit together) and frost them with pink frosting. i made the nipples darker pink. it was much appreciated.

fanny cake recipe?

I have to laugh everytime I think of how crazy I seemed when I first publihed this post!

Here is the closest recipe we have found so far. This is from the Grit (http://www.thegrit.com/), a favorite Athens, georgia restaurant.

Royal Canadian Cream Cheese Brownies

Brownies:

2 C sugar
    1 C cocoa powder
    1 C butter, melted
    4 large eggs room temperature
    2 TSP vanilla
    1 and 1/3 C flour
    1 TSP double acting baking powder
    1/2 TSP salt

Cream Cheese Topping:

2 8 oz packs of cream cheese, softened
    2/3 C sugar
    2 large eggs, beaten
    1 TSP vanilla

To prepare brownies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13" baking pan.

Ina large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar and cocoa. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, add butter and cream together. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in vanilla. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture until fully combined. Pour into prepared pan and set aside.

To prepare cream cheese topping: Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and cream together. Beat in eggs and vanilla and thoroughly combine.
    Pour into brownie mixture and spread evenly to cover.
    bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean inthe center. Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting.

Oh Wow, that sounds sinfully delish!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads