Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Foods you hate

Foods you hate

I'm a huge foodie. There are very few foods I can't stand and I'm always surprised that there are so many picky eaters out there. However, here are some foods that I could live without:

Capers- I love all Italian food unless it has capers in it. I just don't get them. I think it's a texture issue plus..they're like corn in that umm...they sort of reappear, in true form, in the toilie. What is UP with that?

Papaya- Hello, no flavor

Coconut- Love the flavor, hate the actual fruit(?) Again, texture issue

Jell-o molds- I've never quite understood the concept of suspending other foods in gelatin. I feel sorry for the little guys..they're just sitting there, trapped, waiting to be eaten.

what about you??

2. # ADS

I don't like papaya either. There's just something icky about the texture, and a sort of sour (as in bad, not as in tart) flavor I don't like.

I also dislike:

Bananas -- don't know why, my dad's allergic to them and likes them, I'm not allergic and hate them. I like plantains though.

Mayonaise, or anything containing discernable mayonaise content: Tuna fish sandwiches, chicken salad, egg salad, deviled eggs, potato salad, pasta salad. Yuck!

Wedding cake (that dry white cake stuff, accompanied by that stiff white frosting)

zucchini... i actually experience a gag reflex when i try eating it. i also cant get into cantaloupe. i always buy it thinking i will like it, and it never happens.

Re: Foods you hate

Quote Originally Posted by amaryllis

Coconut- Love the flavor, hate the actual fruit(?) Again, texture issue
    Me too! My family thinks I'm insane, but I hate the texture of flaked coconut but I loooove the taste. I could drink pina coladas all day, if it wouldn't lead to all kinds of problems :) But give me a cookie with one teensy tiny bit of coconut in it and forget it.

I also hate fish. Period. I've never found a fish I liked! It's not for lack of trying.

cilantro: tastes like soap

raisins: ew.

raw tomatoes: love tomato juice, like cooked tomatoes, like tomato sauce, but don't like them raw

In general, I don't like huge pieces of raw pepper and onion much, but I don't *hate* them.

I'm sure I'll be back with additional ideas...

For those coconut haters, have you tried young coconut? You can sometimes find them at Whole Foods or Asian Groceries. The taste is more delicate and the texture is like jelly... mmm...

I hate bell peppers! What I hate even more is how almost all the nearly-instant meals at Trader Joe's have red peppers in them. Stupid Trader Joe's.

I hate bell peppers too - my roommate LOVES them and puts tons of them in everything she makes so we could never share food. But she's leaving so that won't matter anymore.

I also don't like zucchini.

And I don't like bacon - yes I know everyone loves bacon. But I don't. I hate the smell as well.

I'm not a big fan of bacon either. I think it's because it's so overpowering..you're never like "hmm..what's that flavor? It's so subtle...bacon?"

Peas. I had a babysitter when I was five that forcefed me an entire bowl of gross, canned peas. Needless to say, now I have a complex...

i have odor issues with food:

-papayas. they smell like cat shit. they taste the way i would imagine cat shit to taste. oddly, i also think narcissus flowers smell like cat shit. i think there must be some odor that i am genetically wired to think smells like cat poo, because my dad thinks papayas and narcissus smell like it too, but everyone else thinks we're crazy.

-i've never eaten it, but i absolutely hate them smell of bacon. i really, really hate it. once someone at my old job microwaved bacon in the microwave down the hall and i seriously considered quitting my job on the spot.

-i loathe cilantro. it tastes like nasty old soap, and people act like it's this exotic and delicious flavor that should be added to everything.

-green bell peppers. they're gross. the texture is gross, the taste is gross, and they even turn a gross color when cooked. however, i can tolerate small amounts of raw red bell pepper and i like roasted red bell peppers.

-curly kale. i don't care if it's healthy, the texture is like eating green vegetable pubes.

okay, i'll stop for now.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads