Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DIY coffee house, in my house!

so, yes i am a coffee addict..... and i live above a great coffee shop, and its a local shop, not starbucks, so i have no problem with supporting it, however, its hard on the coin purse, so does anyone know how to make a *white mocha*DIY? if so please let me know...thanks, danika

2. # ADS

you could try finely grinding white chocolate with some white sugar in a blender, then mix the powder with a splash of espresso to make a paste before you mix in the rest of the espresso and steamed milk.

um, i'm assuming you have an espresso machine, otherwise you can't make a mocha.

if you don't, you could just buy some white chocolate syrup and put it in your coffee.

White mochas are made with a mix that you can buy at a grocery store. You could also simply add a tsp of white hot chocolate powder to your espresso.

when i was slanging java, we used a white chocolate sauce made by torani http://www.coffeeoutletusa.com/miscc...es/sauces.html . i've seen their regular syrups at retail stores so i'm sure you'd be able to find the sauce as well (grocery stores, cost plus, smart & final are good places to try.)

ghiradelli probably makes something good. i prefer their regular powdered chocolate for making my mochas at home. it's what we used at the cafe....

the trick is making good espresso. then simply steam or heat up your milk, and stir in the white chocolate.

was in the coffee business for a long time so if you need any tips, feel free to drop me a PM.

thanks a bunch!

when i worked in a bakery/coffee shop, the only "flavor" we had was a mocha made by mixing a spoon of plain cocoa powder and a spoon of brown sugar, then stirring in the espresso. we didn't even have ice. people would be like, "can i have an iced, nonfat hazelnut latte?" and i'd say "we don't have ice or flavors, but i can make you a nonfat latte." then they would say "well, can i have it iced?" and i would have to explain in detail that we did not have an ice machine, or a freezer, or any other way or procuring ice. that or people would order a macchiato and be profoundly disappointed when they found out that a macchiato is just a shot of an espresso and a dab of foam, not some sugary caramel thing.

there i go again...

i think the Torani syrup is your best bet. the bottles are kind of pricey, but they last a long time.

I also work in a store with a coffee bar. We use white chocolate syrup mixed with the espresso, then add the steamed milk. At home I would just make very strong coffee, heat milk in the microwave, & add flavored syrups.(Grocery stores carry them) Not as strong as espresso, but easy on the coin purse. We offer several types of syrups, but don't have the fancy ice machine, either. We use to offer the ice out of the drink fountain machine, but iced coffee customers want 'slushie' ice. We just stopped serving anything iced.
    We sell icecream too, so offered a milk shake instead.

we didn't have *any* ice machine :) it was a mellow-hippie bakery and ice machines use too much electricity. "slushie" ice is just from blending the drinks in a blender, but coffee shop customers seem to have a big problem comprehending that.

I use powered cocoa in my coffee drinks at home. For some reason I was unaware of powered white chocolate. I'm definately looking for some on the next grocery trip. Thanks. :)

i bought some white chocolate cocoa mix and used it in place of sugar in my coffee - it worked perfect!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads