Vegan Wheat bisquit recipe

This recipe is meant for a large quantity, about 14 or so bisquits. i divide it in half for home. It's healthier- but obviously not fat free. i also have an almond gravy recipe, if anyone wants it. Unfortunatly, it's in my head, so it won't be too precise. But these, here, are great!

8 c white flour
    8 c wheat flour
    1/3 c baking powder
    1T salt
    7 bars margarine
    1 c applesauce
    1 quart soy milk
    water

The water is the tricky part. I usually make it pretty moist, probably about 8 cups, but I always do it to the consistency that I know, it is not bread dough, it should be more moist than that, you may have to experiment. The dough should be able to be scooped in a icecream scooper, and not drool out. let me know if you have any problems. I cook them at 350 for about 25 minutes.

2. # ADS

I would love the almond gravy recipe; it's really hard to find good vegetarian gravy recipes. One of my favorite restaurants sometimes has a vegetarian mushroom gravy with biscuits for Sunday brunch and it is sooo wonderful! Thanks for the biscuit recipe too, I consider myself an expert and can't wait to try these out.

Woohoo for Texas biscuits!
    Yes, please post the almond gravy recipe. My husband and I love biscuits and gravy. I'll have to give your biscuit recipe a try. Does the applesauce make them sweet?

Then you add Almond gravy, voila!

i think the applesauce makes the bisquits moist, & makes up for the lack of egg. i think it's a common substitute in vegan baking. One weird sub i have seen is saurkraut in a cake... It was ok!

This is the bomb. I ate this almost every day for five years at a restaurant i worked at. Before that, i was a rabid fan!
    water/soy milk
    rice flour
    almond gravy
    soy sauce
    garlic powder and pepper to taste

What i do is use more soy milk and less water. i would start with maybe a cup or two soymilk, and a cup of almond butter. (If you can get the almond butter bulk, look for the cheapest variety, it can cost a lot!) Heating the milk & almond butter, i also add so(which gives this gravy it's salt & unique taste. You won't believe it!), say a table spoon at first. Then you start adding some Rice flour, maybe a table spoon at the most, very slowly, stirring while you add it. You have to be careful with the flour because the sauce will thicken. Next i would add about a half tablespoon or less garlic powder, & maybe a teaspoon pepper. Taste the gravy. It should be salty enough, & taste rich. Mess around with it until you think you're ready to eat it.

i'm sorry this recipe isn't too exact, but i will post a better version when i can.

As we know time is gold is silver for each human being, it takes time for us to be able to fulfill our own intentions and many other things.As digital technology develops, we will have tools to measure time, please visit to learn more here: time calculator

Remove Ads

Ads