Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stella
    i i love grilled corn, too. i pull the husks back, but leave then attached at the bottom, take the silk off, then pull the husks back over the corn. it's more work, but corn silk grosses me out, so i prefer to take it off first. you can also butter the corn before you pull the husks back, but i just do it after it's done.
    I've tried it this way, but it seems to get dried out a lil. I don't like when the silks stick to the corn and get stuck in your teeth...ewww. When we do the soaking with the silks on method, everything pulls off so nice and clean. You do have to hold on the the kernel end with a paper towel since it's so hot... The corn has more of a steamed texture, nice and moist!

2. # ADS

oh yeah, i forgot, you have to soak the corn in water for a while after you take the silk off. i prefer the corn to be slightly browned, though.

Ahhh, I never thought of soaking after taking off the silks, before cooking... Hmm, may have to give that one a try! :) Do you tie it up after pulling the husks back up or just leave them?

so, in case you haven't noticed, i'm an epicurious junkie. found this recipe for BBQd ham and peach kebabs... looks easy breezy and TASTY!!!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/re...s/views/103629

Everything! A friend of mine is part of a farm co-op, so she brings over a crazy assortment of veggies every week. A little olive oil, salt and fire makes everything delicious (which is helpful when faced with a vegetable I've never seen before and otherwise have no idea how to prepare)

i wish i had a friend who was part of a farm co-op---yum!

Pizza! And tamale burgers (from an issue of Vegetarian Times)!

Pizza is really great grilled when you start from fresh dough. Something about the dry heat, I guess. It's excellent!

And tamale burgers are just good any way you cook them. :) I can't find the recipe anywhere online, but it's the VT issue with a burger on the front that has sprouts and avocado, served on a tortilla. Try it!

We did beer can smoked chicken yesterday!
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci...ml?rsrc=search
    We already had some rub from smoking pork ribs earlier this summer and we just used BBQ sauce from the store. I actually don't even put sauce on mine, I don't think it needs it.
    This was so good and pretty easy too! The chicken was so juicy and tender...Mmmmmm...

lately it's been eggplant! Can't get enought of it grilled with a spritz of olive oil and sprinkle of lemon pepper. Yum!

Quote Originally Posted by brdgt View Post
    I got mine off foodtv.com
    Thanks for the link

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads