Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What are you grilling?

We finally got a nice charcoal grill this summer and have broken it in with burgers, kabobs, asparagus, and steaks. This weekend we'll be trying some Jerk Marinated Chicken Breast Skewers and Rum Glazed Mango and Shrimp Skewers. What's your favorite thing to grill?

2. # ADS

mmm... i love barbecues!

my absolute favorite is grilled asparagus. drizzle it with olive oil or butter, salt, and lemon juice. toss in a couple cloves of garlic and wrap it in aluminum foil.
    sometimes i'll just wrap a whole bulb of garlic in foil and toss it on the grill. then i can add it to whatever i'm cooking later. i love garlic!
    sandwiches-marinade and grill up some tofu, peppers, onions, mushrooms, and anything else i want to throw on. then, depending on how soon i want to eat i'll do one of two things. one: load it all onto some crusty sourdough rolls with lots of cheese and some sort of sauce (a good marinara is great), wrap it in foil and put it back on the grill for a few minutes, just until the cheese melts. or two: get a big round loaf of bread. cut it open and pull out the inside (i usually dip this in oil and vinegar or spinach dip and snack on it while i'm cooking). fill it in with all the layers of veggies, cheese, sauce, oil & vinegar, etc. wrap it up to keep it from dripping all over. stick it in the fridge for a few hours or overnight with a heavy skillet, brick, or rock on top. so good!
    grilled pineapple is delicious, especially if you brush it with a little bit of teryaki sauce.
    oh, grilled salmon is great, too. melt some butter, garlic salt and lemon juice and brush it on a few times. a little bit of parmesean is good, too. i like to use those wire fish holders so it doesn't fall apart on the grill.

now i'm getting hungry! i think i might have to fire up the grill tonight.

I love almost anything grilled. My favorite thing to do is surprise my friends with the deliciousness of grilling fruits. Pineapple was mentioned, I also have done strawberries, pears, bananas and catalope.

I love love love grilled portabella mushrooms. So yummy. and its a standard but I think corn should be mentioned.

I had a super easy to clean bbq yesterday by cutting up all my veggies putting them in large tuberware with oil and salt and pepper and shaking it to mix up the flavors. then we made kabobs with all the pieces. it was good times.

yey for summer.

ss.

mmm steak.
    I cannot think of anything else to say, I made the mistake of reading everyone's delicious recommendations...
    I wish I had a banana.

I love grilled italian turkey sausages, with grilled peppers and onions.

Also, this sandwich is to die for:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Califor...ch/Detail.aspx

Corn!! We have corn every time we grill, at least twice a week. Cut off the silky tops and some of the excess bottoms and soak in water for about 15 minutes. Throw on grill and cook for about 10 minutes. We usually cook it first, take it off and then cook everything else. We haven't had it cook wrong at all this way.

i don't grill a whole lot because to me, it's sort of lot of preparation for a not-so-thrilling product. i'd just as soon oven-roast foods. however, when i do grill, i love portobello mushrooms, pineapple, and marinated tofu. the mushrooms and tofu do best if you have a non-stick grill basket with finer mesh, and extra-firm tofu is a must. i love grilled corn, too. i pull the husks back, but leave then attached at the bottom, take the silk off, then pull the husks back over the corn. it's more work, but corn silk grosses me out, so i prefer to take it off first. you can also butter the corn before you pull the husks back, but i just do it after it's done.

i also don't grill a lot because grilled foods (especially meats) have a lot of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, which are carcinogenic. if you grill a lot, try to avoid letting fat drip onto the fire and flare up, and avoid eating the charred bits. i totally eat grilled foods, and i don't think a well-done steak now and then will kill you, but it is a known cancer risk.

brdgt, the jerk chicken sounds incred! we don't have a grill (or even a place TO grill), but i've been fantasizing about a recipe for jerk chicken that i found on epicurious a month or so ago.

we don't use AC, so turning on the oven just DOES NOT happen for us this time of year. if i had a good charcoal grill, i think i'd use it several times a week. make a hot dog for me!!

ps. i also found a great recipe for salmon burgers on that site. you should check it out... it consistently got 3 or 4 forks. (i haven't tried it, though)

Quote Originally Posted by elixirbeth
    brdgt, the jerk chicken sounds incred! we don't have a grill (or even a place TO grill), but i've been fantasizing about a recipe for jerk chicken that i found on epicurious a month or so ago.
    I got mine off foodtv.com :)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads