Thread: new recipes

new recipes

so, i am lactose intolerant, really can't eat beans, don't do well with fried foods and there is no way you want to be near me if i just ate a steak.

the lactose intolerance I can handle....i can eat cheese, yogurt and ice cream, but cannot drink whole milk (usually have soy or lactaid)

i have been in the process of slowly changing my diet to add more meat....i wasn't feeling well for sometime, but now i can afford to spend time and money towards eating correctly for my body's needs.

can anyone recommend some simple recipes that are low in dairy, low in beans and onions, but high in protein? (or a website to visit) i love fruit and vegetables, and i also love meat...i just try to balance everything out.

2. # ADS

Someone, maybe my butcher was just telling me how usually people aren't really sensitive to those foods, but what has been added to them. Yup, that means the hormones, nitrates and all that yucky additive stuff they do to so much food. We've been trying more grass fed and organic meats and have had better luck. Haven't been brave enough to try good milk though, I've grown to like soy too much.
    I'll look and see if I have an recipes. We eat a lot of beans though...

i can see that. i don't like cooking meat or chicken, and when i do buy it, i make sure to buy organic at whole foods. usually my stomach is fine with that. i don't cook steak, and if i have it at a restaurant, i usually tell them to cook it with no added seasoning - that is usually what keeps me up all night!!

chicken i can deal with better than red meat. i am bored with the recipes i have and need to find new ones.

there's so much out there... i recommend epicurious.com. they let you do an advanced search where you can indicate special needs (lactose intolerance) or ingredients that you don't want to use (onions).

what about salmon? pork? turkey cutlets (a good sub for veal...)? lamb? PM me if you are looking for something specific.

lactose intolerance doesn't have anything to do with the quality of milk. some people just can't digest the sugar lactose since they stop producing the enzyme after infancy. i'm suprised that you can eat ice cream, because that definitely has lactose in it. some cheeses don't, though. maybe it's something else in milk that bothers you?

try eating more whole grains. barley, wheat berries, quinoa, millet, amaranth, etc. are all easier to digest (for me) than legumes, and are delicious in salads. i like to cook whole grains, drain and cool them, and mix them with chopped fruits and veggies, then top with salad dressing or oil and vinegar.

Remove Ads

Ads