Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Iced Coffee Recipe

We go through so much coffee in this house it's basically shameful.
    But I'll brew a whole pot of coffee, let it cool and put it in a pitcher in the fridge.
    I also make a simple syrup and keep that in a mason jar.
    Mix them together with some milk and voila! No need for ice, so no watering down.
    Just delicious delicious caffeinated refreshment. Aaah.

2. # ADS

my perfect iced coffee consists of black with alot of artificial sweetners and little cream haha. beats the heat

Yum! These are great simple recipes. I want iced coffee now! I may make some today

The 7 Coffee Roasting Co. MethodYield: Two 10-ounce servingsTime: 16 to 18 hours, almost entirely unattended8 ounces coarsely ground coffee beans, preferably medium roast, of African origin4 sprigs of mint16 ounces water, plus 12 ounces for diluting after brewing 1. Wrap the coffee grounds and sprigs of mint together in two layers of cheesecloth. Secure together as a bundle. (A rubber band works well to keep it closed.)2. Place in medium bowl and pour 16 ounces of room temperature water over your coffee bundle. Cover with plastic wrap and let steep for 16 to 18 hours.3. After steeping, remove the coffee bundle and squeeze excess liquid into the bowl before you discard it. (Itís also possible to use these same ingredients in a French press; I prefer the cheesecloth method.) Pour the coffee liquid through a coffee filter (a pour-over setup is ideal for this) and into a medium-sized jar or small pitcher. This removes any excess grounds or sludge that may have accumulated. Give the filter a few squeezes if itís particularly slow to drip through.4. Once the coffee has been filtered, you should have about 8 ounces of liquid. Add 12 ounces of cold water (you can add more or less to taste) and stir. Pour into two glasses with ice and enjoy with your favorite milk and/or sweetener.Pro tip: If you are a 9-to-5-er like me, start steeping this first thing in the morning before you leave for work, let it sit for the 16 or so hours, and finish up with straining and mixing with water right before bed. You can stick your ready-to-pour over iced coffee in the fridge and it will be waiting for you the next morning.

Take a mixer, and put some Icecubes in there, than crash it, add some powder coffee, a little sugar and some milk, than mix again.
    It's like a FrapŤ, I like it soo much

This is from runnersworld and I do it almost every day during the summer> Brew your coffee twice as strong as usual. Use the same amount of grounds and half the amount of water. When it's done, pour it into a mug and load it up with ice. The first cubes will melt, bringing the coffee to room temperature and diluting it. Once you have some cubes that aren't melting, it's cold and ready to drink.

I love iced coffee also and would love to try also doing it myself. There are many recipes online but I like the one that is tried and tested. I see it in Starbucks they put syrup as their sweetener.

Quote Originally Posted by enfjgirl View Post
    my perfect iced coffee consists of black with alot of artificial sweetners and little cream haha. beats the heat
    waaaaah this is soooooo tasty!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elias48 View Post
    Iced coffee is the best in summer, we like it. We love creamy and sweet Iced coffee. The recipe we use for iced coffee is simple, take a glass and fill it to the top with ice. Fill it a little more than half full with pour iced coffee concentrate. Sweet Cream add into the glass until full, shake it and enjoy.
    YES! In summer it's the best you can get on a hot day

Quote Originally Posted by fireCrochet View Post
    We go through so much coffee in this house it's basically shameful.
    But I'll brew a whole pot of coffee, let it cool and put it in a pitcher in the fridge.
    I also make a simple syrup and keep that in a mason jar.
    Mix them together with some milk and voila! No need for ice, so no watering down.
    Just delicious delicious caffeinated refreshment. Aaah.
    I'd put the ice into the coffee right before you drink it. It's even one step further in terms of refreshment!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads