Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you use to drawing?

I want to know what do you use to create your art. I prefer pencil on paper to do my sketches, but I'm not that good. I'm wondering if any Playgrounders use anything that they feel allows them to draw/make art better

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by romisto View Post
    I want to know what do you use to create your art. I prefer pencil on paper to do my sketches, but I'm not that good. I'm wondering if any Playgrounders use anything that they feel allows them to draw/make art better

For art with fine detail, I use pastel pencil sets, all the other stuff I do is with a Ticonderoga. I really should get some more pencils, I'm thinking of a 5B and an 8B, but I'm always just buying new brushes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	029_C2184_2.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	2978

I used to remember that I used colored pencils to draw for our projects in school

Colored pencils can be great! I personally use the prismacolor soft core premier pencils or fabercastell albrech durers. They lay out really nice. If you buy a cheap toy store set, you're going to get skritchy-scratchy cheap toy store results. If you're interested they also make a decent watercolor pencil. The only way anyone can draw better, is to keep drawing. Draw something everyday, even if it's just on a paper towel with your morning coffee! Never, ever 'compare' your work to anyone else's. You will only deflate yourself. Spend the next 3 or 4 weeks drawing something daily, even if it's just a box or a daisy. Doodle something different everyday even. At the end of the weeks, only 'compare' your last drawing to your first. You weren't born knowing how to write, but you learned it over time, right? Same with art. Practice, practice, practice.

I personally really like Copic markers for fashion sketches. They blend great and are really fast for sketcing on the go.

nice one

I use Tombow makers, NeoColor II watercolor crayons and my graphite pencil a majority of the time!

for sketching i use a 2b or 4b pencil and a kneadable rubber. For sketching on canvas to begin a painting i use something that wont show through the paint such as a pastel pencil or a watercolor pencil.

Here are below all drawing essentials for beginners:

Pencils
    Sketch Book
    Drawing surfaces
    Good Erasers
    Different types of sharpner.
    Art work storage
    Art material storage.

Hope it helps.!

Recently got a calligraphy set...quite fun...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads