Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Any Dallasites in the house?

Hi, all -

I'm kind of new here, and I was just wondering if there were any other crafty girls from the Dallas area on the boards. I'm kind of lonely making Hobby Lobby runs all by myself.

Alison, not meaning to sound so utterly pathetic but genuinely interested in meeting new crafty people

2. # ADS

yesyesyes! I am in Plano! East Plano actually, near the park. I would love to get together sometime! PM me with more info about you, what crafty stuff you like to do(or want to try) & where you live(Dallas is HUGE, no?). I just moved here and have no friends - how's that for pathetic?? :)
    :miss m

Crafty girl in Richardson

Hello Dallas-area ladies!
    I live in Richardson, just South of Plano. No friends in Plano yet? This is a crime in Texas! What is your crafting pleasure? I like to sew, paint, garden, and do paper crafts, and I love power tools, perhaps a little too much. Let me say, wlecome to the neighborhood! I would love to help you find all the neat little places your crafty heart desires.

let's see....I like to sew (I'm working on sewing clothes, but I've mostly sewn purses in the past). I do some papercrafts(rubber stamping cards and scrapbooking mostly) and home improvement projects(painting, tiling, stuff in the yard) - I'm getting used to the power tools! I am also trying to crochet a scarf and I expect that project to be finished in about 2012. ;-) I'm always up for trying to make something new - or at least discussing it endlessly!

I am just looking for some crafty gals to hang out with, exhange ideas and explore the crafty side of Dallas with!
    Should we plan a little get together or something?
    Woohoo! Finally, some cool crafty people!
    : miss m

Hi,

I'm in Denton which is just about 20-30 min out of Dallas. I've lived here for several years but I still hit the fabric stores etc. on my own. I would love to be involved with searching out new crafty places! I sew a lot of my own clothing, quilts, and I would love to learn to knit.

Keri

I'm all in for a Dallas-area get together. Maybe meeting somewhere to eat and then hitting a Hobby Lobby (lame music, yes, but awesome selection ;) )? I know we've got Plano, Richardson, Denton and North Dallas represented, so maybe either the Hobby Lobby in Plano near Collin Creek mall or the one at Preston and Beltline (full disclosure: the one at Preston and Beltline is, like, two minutes from my house)?

Sound off, crafties.

Alison

I'm game for anything really. The HL near Collin Creek is super close to me, but the one at Preston isn't too far either. The only reason why I'd vote for the one at Collin Creek(or somewhere further north - Allen maybe?) is in consideration of bookish - Denton is still a good distance away!
    What times work best for ya'll(I can write that 'cause we're in texas!)? Evenings & weekends obviously, but I can also do mornings - my kiddo is in preschool from 8 to 10:30am.
    There is a Craft Fair type thing going on around here in October. I picked up a flyer somewhere. Maybe we could met up & go to that? Let me see if I can find the info.....

:miss m

hey ladies! i'm in irving/valley ranch myself and craft occassionally. mostly what i love is card making. and i'm actually starting to make my baby announcements, all 100 of them!

i wanted to share a scrapbooker and card maker's dream store:
    scrapbook warehouse in lewisville!!!!! wooooo! there are aisles and aisles of paper and do-dads and stickers and tools and on and on! and in the back they have a section w/ tables and basic supplies (scissors, rulers, etc) and you can work back there all you want!

there's a map on their site, it'd be a pretty cool place to meet up to do some card or scrapbooking stuff.

:)

~sara

Driving to the Dallas area doesn't bother me at all, though I appreciate the thought. A craft show would be a fun idea too... Nights and weekends are probably best for me as I am a sad nine-to-fiver.

I know I am definately the furthest out and Denton is not close to ANYONE, but if ya'll want to travel, I'll make a dinner and we can hang out at my house. There's a hobby lobby here. It could be a little mini party.... Just a thought because sometimes a house is better than a restaraunt for meeting and conversation.

But I'm open to whatever!

Keri

OK, so here's the skinny on the craft thingy:

Dallas Quilt, Craft & Sewing Festival at Dallas Market Center
    Oct 28-30th 10am - 5pm Cost: $8 or ($7 w/ coupon)
    http://www.craftandsewingfestival.com

That's a looooooong way off though......maybe we can meet for coffee or something sooner?

: miss m

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads