Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Handmade hair clips and headbands

Hi There,

I am new here so my apologies in advance if I have posted this in the wrong section.

I have been pondering over making my own hairclips and headbands with that shiny elastic stuff but I really do not know how to get started. What sorts of things do I need? Initially it would just be for my girls but I am hoping that perhaps one day I could sell things as well (assuming that I do a good enough job).

Are there tutorials here on how to do things or do any members make their own hair accessories that can offer me some help in relation to the how to's and where to buy cheap supplies.

Oh I am also in Australia too JIC you needed to know

Nae x

2. # ADS

Wow,

So am I to believe that in an Arts and Craft forum no one knows how to make headbands or hair clips? Is anyone able to help me??

Thanks Nae x

I could really do with some help here people. I am new to this forum, new to craft not sure where to go or what essential items I need. Have I posted this in the wrong section to get a response from ANYONE?

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I am not feeling very welcomed here. I mean, to have people viewing this thread and getting no feedback whatsoever is very disheartening. Is it reflective of my limited craft interest? I don't know .. I will say that I am so surprised, I have frequented other forums in the past and found them to be welcoming even if they were unable to help me.

so sad

I would imagine that not everyone is sitting at their computer all day waiting for new posts to reply to. For cheap supplies I use ebay, they have everything I ever need and usually and brilliant prices. You can buy yards and rolls of your shiney elastic stuff on ebay, I think sewing would come in handy with headbands? clear glue and glitter glues, beads, findings, pendants etc can go on plain hair clips. Youtube should have a good collection of videos on how to make them.

You can buy some jewelry making books. There are also many good articles about jewelry making, so you can search on Google.
    Love to share pretty beaded jewelry making tutorials and DIY making instructions on pandahall.

Oriental trading has some cheap bulk things you can stick onto clips and what not but if you are trying for something a little nicer I would just keep your eye open for anything unique looking that you think would look great on a hair piece. Ebay is a good place to start. Looking around beading places is another good option. Depending on what you are using, there is a variety of glues that will work. I like hot glue guns but depending on what it is, wear and tear will loosen the object from the glue. Look for jewelry glue, that's another good option.

I think you could simply make your own hairclips and headbands out of old materials you can find at your home. You can transform an old headband or hairclip into a new one. You just have to be creative in your own way I tried that many times for my kids.

Hey NaeNae,
    Welcome here. Here you can share your new designs and collection.

You can find the method to make the hair clips and head bands at thefrugalgirls. You can try to figure out what the initial items that are required to make these accessories. I will try to find a proper tutorial and post it here as soon as possible.

Hi All, I am newbie here and I read that I can post my creation. The style is a simple one but ideal for wedding / bridal.Handmade hair clips and headbands-ha540.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads