Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OK. point-taken. let me do some thinking and look at the stitch-n-bitch site, and i'll figure something out!

2. # ADS

BUT, what I think is great about this being the way it is is when you post "what is there to do in Texas?" I answer you even though I currently live in New York...

I don't know, it's always worked the way it is before, but I'm a crotchety old man resistant to change.

I think if folks just identify where they are posting from more explicitly and create more effective subject titles, things will be fine. There has be a rash of folks posting in the wrong forums lately which muddles things up a bit. But to futher categorize by geographical region such as on Craftster.org would be a mistake as that site is a nightmare to navigate.

Maybe this is just me. :) But it seems to me like e-ther just dropped by in here and saw that it wasn't like that other forum she just saw and gave her 2 cents in haste (her join date and post date are the same), whereas the other more frequent posters have nothing to complain about..? I agree with ursonate, as much as I like Craftster, it's difficult to sort through. I've only been there a handful of times I think.

But I guess each to their own.. I like this place the way it is. :)

hmmm...anyone else want to chime in? perhaps we need a vote?

not so into change

i'm realatively new to the site and i haven't really posted anything but i do read them frequently. i have to say that i do like this format and find it easy to sort through the ones that either interest/or pertain to me. personally, crafster is too difficult to navigate and with all the separate folders i feel like i might be missing out on some great ideas by passing over them simply because they aren't labeled what i'm looking for. sorry for that run on sentence but my vote is that it should stay the same...

I have been a lurker and just recently started posting more often here, but I am pretty set over at glitter.

The reason I brought that up is, check out what they have done to their DIY section. I think it is a bit "too organized".

The way it is now seems to work. Besides, the search engine allows you to search for a specific word in a specific forum, right?

I think it's a good idea for the craft up forum. This is where you go to meet people into craftie things in your area right? This isn't freestyle or consuming pleasures where it's a global thing, this forum is about organizing in your area. It sounds good to me. I know I am new, but I like this site a lot, I think it would be a cool new feature.

i agree with felt and ursonate. no need for more folders!

I like it just the way it is. the headers usually explain the topic well enough, and without folders you can see stuff that might interest you that might be filed in a subcategory you wouldn't normally check on if we had folders.

god, that was pretty nonsensical. er, I agree with athos, felt, ursonate, et al.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads