Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

this forum needs to get organized!

i don't know quite how it would work, because i don't own/maintain any forums, but don't you think this forum would be so much more helpful if we could group it into mini-forums that were organized by location? we could have folders for west coast, east coast, midwest, south, and then in those forums have states. (i actually got this idea from the perverted-justice.com forums and how easy they are to browse)

if anyone knows how to maybe organize this, i think we should give it a try. i for one wouldn't mind helping out if any of the site owners/maintainers read this.

2. # ADS

Hrm, dunno, I like the way it is.. :/

I don't think it needs any more sub-forums. I would hate to see it get as cluttered as some other sites.

most people post the state/city in the subject line or post so with the search function I would think you should be able to find whatever it is you don't see when skimming the post lists :)

I know I'm kinda late getting to this topic but I aree with you, e-ther. It would save us the time of looking through all these pages of posts looking for people from our specific area. I don't think it would have to be a sub forum, but maybe a separate section of the site.

Okay, show of hands! How many of us are looking for people from a specific area on this board? Yeah, that's what I thought.

So I could have a forum for just me to post to me about things I like because no one is ever in my area.

Or I can chat with my friends from Sweden and Arizona and Washington and Quebec about crafts instead of the local coffeehouse. If I had to browse thirty fora to find what Morgan or craftychica or moon lemming or sun bear are doing, I probably would not come back.

I don't click on threads that say Seattle. Works just fine for me as it is.

I'm with lizzy here. Isn't the whole point of online communication being able to connect with people all over the world? Why limit yourself?

Patty

That's true about online communication. It's great to be able to talk to people from all over the world.

I think the point was that if you're looking for a craft group or crafty people in your area to get together with, not just talk online, it's difficult to wade through all the posts looking for your state/country. That's why I thought it might be good as a separate section. I don't think anyone wants to limit themselves in terms of communication, just make it easier to find like-minded people in their area to hang with.

Sharonius, have you been to the Stitch-n-bitch site? They have groups set up by location...

isnt the point of this fourm to get with people in your area? the other fourms are the ones for everyone to share their stuff...i agree with kissmykitz

I apologize. I did not understand the point of the "Craft-Up" forum until I read this from Jean.

We’ve got a new design, new content, and new forums and the brand new Craft-Up, the online place to meet other crafty folks and then get together in the real world!
    So, in light of this information, I would say e-ther's suggestion about organizing by region is one that deserves some careful thought.

Patty

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads