Montreal crafters

Hello ladies,

I host a weekly craft club Monday nights at my apt in Montreal, and I htought I would advertise it here ...

We have crocheters, knitters, quilters, jewelery-making beaders, and general crafters. I'm a sewer and cross-stitcher. there's a group of around 12 who come sometimes, but we have about 3-4 regulars. We're all women, mostly in the twenty to thirty something range, married, single, students, professionals, and we get together once a week to shoot the shit and make stuff. Everyone brings their own projects, and we take turns preparing food each week. We usually hang out from around 6:30 to around 9:30 or 10:00.

I have 1 adult cat and 2 kittens presently. I lock them in my room during craft sessions to save the yarn, but if you are allergic, BE WARNED!!!

We're looking to expand our ranks - if you're into it, post here or pm me :)

itchin' to be stitchin',

del

2. # ADS

Salut craftistas!

Just bumping this one up - but we are meting tonight, 6:30 at my place, and I am making cheese fondue as an appetizer and chocolate fondue as dessert. Mmmmm!!

Was there ever a better night to join? Send me an e-mail craftyclub@hotmail.com for more info!

Et j'ai oublie d'include la francais dans mon premier poste. Dans notre groupe la majorite sont les anglos, mais nous aimerons ameliorer notre francais avec les francos! Si vous voulez nous rejoindre, il faut juste m'envoyer un courriel a craftyclub@hotmail.com. (excusez le manque d'accents - 'ostie a mon ordi!) A bientot!

del

Ok - this is my last bump-up, I promise!

del

HEYYY!

Del,
    I was a lookin for a Mtl group!! I'd love to get involved. At the moment my interests are quite scattered with focus on tiling but I'd love to get back into sewing and knitting too. I love it ALL.

Write me at unclesmerd@lycos.com with the details of your next get-together.

Thanks. Eva

del,
    am i on your list?
    i haven't been getting anything...
    cynthia

Hey Cynthia - I pm'd you and sent you a mail - hopefully the problem will be solved!

The CC is cancelled for tonight ( December 13th) , and for the next 2 weeks for the holidays. We start again on January 3rd, 2005. :)

del

Hey!

Aspiring was telling me about a S'n'B in Montréal, what a great idea! I actually come from the suburb, but I would like to try it out if you don't mind my getting there a bit late! And as you can see, I'll be in the ones who will make you practice french! :) So I am just bumping this, and I'll PM in January!

Thanks for posting this!

etaile

Alright I promised no more bump-ups - but I lied.

Any newbies out there who want to come join us, pm me or e-mail craftyclub@hotmail.com

del

Oh this sounds so great! I would love to join if this is still happening in the fall. I work nights right now so couldn't make it :( but once school starts I'd be able to :)

After the summer off, I kind of miss our stitchin' and bitchin', and some of you have asked if it will be reinstated for the fall. So, I'm testing the waters.

Basically I'd like to have a group of at least 4 who intend to attend each and every week, to really make it a worthwhile group. After that, of course, the numbers of people who intend to come sometimes is unlimited!

I'd like to set up meetings to be at a local bar/café, and not at my apartment. This way I can spend more time knitting (sewing?) and less time preparing food/cleaning up.

So I'm proposing Monday nights (since that's what we did last year) and meeting at EITHER the Sergeant Recruiter's on St. Laurent (at around Villeneuve - the new location) OR at Brutopia on Crescent south of St. Catherines.

I think Brutopia is a little more accessible to everyone (really close to a metro and downtown) and it has comfy couches and armchairs in the bottom, semi-private room that the manager MIGHT let us use if we are nice about it. It also serves affordable snacky style food (quesadillas, samosas, sandwiches, etc), lots of kinds of beer, and cider.

Sergeant Recruiter's however serves a greater variety of food (gourmet pizzas) and is a bit more expensive BUT is entirely non-smoking (as they all will be in January, but still, who wants their knitting to smell like cigarettes?!?!) However it's not particularly close to a metro station ...

So, to make a long post short, if you are interested in joining us, drop me an e-mail to craftyclub@hotmail.com with about how often you think you'd attend, and your preferred location. And hey, if you'd like to come but Mondays just don’t work for you, let me know other days of the week that would fly and we'll try to work that out. Others have suggested Sunday nights as an option ...

of course feel free to pm me or post here if you have any questions ...

del

Remove Ads

Ads