Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Stich & Bitch - Westchester NY

I just moved from NYC to Westchester NY and I figured a good way to meet new people would be to start a stich & bitch group. So far I've recruited 2 people, but neither of them know how to knit! I'm getting a little nervous. Does anyone here live in the New Rochelle area? Or does anyone have any advice on starting a stitch & bitch??

2. # ADS

well... i live in orange county and i know how to knit... don't know if that helps you at all... i would be willing to take a trip and come over now that school is out one of these days... when are you planning this... there is a groovy...albiet a little expensive yarn story near mount kiksco called lee's... and then on my side of the river there is a yarn store in nyack that has couches and stuff... and cheaper yarn and classes...

kate
    =o)

Cool, thanks! That's quite a drive from Orange County though, isn't it? I'm thinking I'll start it maybe in the next week or 2. I haven't figured out where it will be yet though. I don't think there are any yarn stores around here so maybe at a cafe. The place in Nyack sounds cool. I've heard that Nyack is a cool town but I've never been there.

I live in westchester too, Yonkers. I'd love to try to organize a s n b in the general area, but I haven't a clue how to knit. I do have one friend that does and maybe she will want to get involved. To be continued...

Okay, let's make this a greater Westchester area S&B (close enough for our friends from o.c. as well as yonkers and new rochelle.) I'll do some research on finding a location and keep sending me any suggestions!

Oh wow! I was surprised to see this post. I live in Yonkers and started knitting about 5 months ago. It would be great to have a SnB in Westchester!

well where abouts in westchester are you... i live in orange... but right near the thruway... depending on where you are at... it might not be to far... where are you thinking... i know there is a knitting place in beacon... and there is lee's yarn in mt. kiksco... and propbable a cafe of two in that range... do you want to hit the yarn store first?...

kate
    =o)

The problem with yarn stores is they always seem to close pretty early. A friend of mine who knits suggested Starbucks on Central Ave in Yonkers. This way we can do it on a week night. I figure Central Ave is pretty central right? :) Sew Crafty (craft store) is around there, but I don't think they have much of a yarn selection unfortunately. I'll scope out the Starbucks scene this weekend, and next week we'll start organizing!!

Yeah, Sew Crafty isn't very good, IMO. Thanks for setting this up!

Stich N Bitch in Westchester

I jsut learned to knit and I'm addicted. I would love to join a SNB and would even be willing to host it at my apartment a few times. (I live on Central Avenue in Hartsdale.) As for yarn stores, there is Treasure Island on Central Avenue in Scarsdale. They have a craft department on the top floor and a couple of small isles of yarn. However, if you go over the TZ to the Palisades Mall to JoAnn's Fabrics, they have about 4 or 5 isles of yarns. In fact, I sometimes find it overwhelming! Keep me posted on the SNB.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads