Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

this weekend- thrift store challenge, in every city or town!

last weekend i went to a couple garage sales, and realized i haven't made my usual rounds at thrift stores in a while. i want to have virtual company making my rounds this weekend! anyone who wants to, make some time to go thrifting. find one item that just blows your mind. post a pic here on monday. the person with the best item wins the thrift queen title for the month! c'mon, who's with me?

2. # ADS

I don't have a digital camera, but I did make a major score this weekend at the so-new-nobody-knows-it's-there thrift store. An armchair with a wonderful upolstory pattern of marigolds and orange flowers. And they were trying to get rid of it, so they had marked it down to $15! And I was able to get it into my car!

So I don't know if I win a prize or anything. But I'm pretty pleased with that particular score :).

No digi-cam here either. :( But I will try to hit the thrift stores this weekend!

I've been meaning to hit a few thrift stores/yard sales to find a couple of lamps. I'll see what I can find this weekend.

Do Naked Lady Parties count? I'll be going to one on Saturday, but don't foresee any other thrifting this weekend.

My thrift-score of the month happened the weekend before last anyway. I got a great dress to wear to my birthday party next month. The cut is kind of formal but the grass/kelly green color makes it just funky enough for celebrating with my friends at a bar on the Lower East Side. I'm so glad my friend made me try it on!

Now all I need is a thrifted tiara. ;P

For once I actually have a free day on the weekend. I will definitely be thrifting for part of it. I'm open for anything, and have a few shops I love to hit. I really wish we had old style flea markets here, but all of them seem to have dollar store merchandise anymore.

i'll do it, and i'll take pictures!

i feel my competitive side getting all worked up over this - i will definitely be making the thrift store rounds this weekend as i, too, have been distracted lately by garage sales. last night i stopped at one on the way home and bought a book for a recently engaged friend called you can be the wife of a happy husband. shiver. it's meant to be sexy but churchy.

NLPs can count! but it has to be a really fabulous item.

can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

i'll be looking for the usual assortment of craft things, plus a floor lamp, cake display, and anything else that will help me achieve the 1940s french look i adore.

hello...
    well if you insist!
    it's been a while actually.
    the last best thing i found was a creamy brocade asian inspired 50's party dress, with toggles!

i accept your challenge!
    fun!
    :)

Metal toggles or rattail frogs? Sounds dreammmmy.

I had a few minutes the other day and hit an old favorite Humane Society thrift. Found several Susan Bates circular knitting needles, which I jumped all over. Also some uncut craft patterns from the '80s, maybe. Mostly stuff I could already do without a pattern, but a few different ways to make padded hangers and silk reticules.

I'm going to have to do my serious thrifting this mid afternoon (Friday) or on Sunday. Neither is optimal, but oh, well! I do recall an older style flea market quite a few miles down the pike...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads