Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone from PA

Oh what a moron I am!! Yeah I meant northwestern PA. I'd like to hear more about Handmade Arcade.

2. # ADS

Go Western PA!

The Handmade Arcade was a huge success! We held it at Construction Junction, which is a place that sells salvage building materials here in Pittsburgh. They have a gallery space on the second floor. It was a beautiful space, but we are looking for something larger for this year, since we need to be able to accommodate more vendors!

There were over 40 vendors from 4 states! You can see the vendors here:

http://www.handmadearcade.com/bios.shtml

And here you can see some photos of the event:

http://www.handmadearcade.com/photos.shtml

We'll probably start accepting applications in late summer/early fall...we'll post more info closer to the date!

We're also having our first Church of Craft meeting in Pittsburgh in March...info is also posted on the HA site...

Quote Originally Posted by nucular
    i just moved to central pa about 6 months ago. unfortunately, it seems to be a relatively uncrafty place so far...
    Oh yeah, tell me about it. If you ever read anything I have to say about living in this area it's always that I am miles away from any craftyness. It's really annoying. I'm ALWAYS looking for artsy/creative people to hang with. The only people I seem to have anything in common with around here are ladies 60+ which isn't that much of an issue for me but I am only 23. It would be nice to relate with someone who I can really pal around with, you know..go to the bar, go see concerts, go to galleries (in Jim Thorpe, the closest artsy area). I'm tellin' yuz, if you want to get together e-mail me I've got cabin fever!

I'm from Pittsburgh!

TuffJess, I'm really excited about checking out Church of Craft, but I'm unsure if I can make it since I have to be on-call for work that day. Pagers suck!! If not, I'll definitely try to catch it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by sewpunk
    I do, But I live in south eastern Philly!
    wohoo for south philly!
    im here too and completely unaware that
    there are other crafters here!!!

I'm in centeral PA as well (Lancaster/Harrisburg/York area) it is pretty un-crafty... trying to develop a knitting group... it's hard work!!

I'm in the west Philly area.

That's strange, I would have thought that Philly would have tonz of crafters! Be glad you don't live in an old coal mining town. Ugh!

Ooh, there's 4 of us here from Philadelphia?!!! Cool... Crafternoon this Sunday?? I'm in Old City...

Oh, Fishfeet, I've lived in State College... wait til this summer's Arts Fest! Big time crafting... and if you get the chance, go to Williamsport and check out the old jail that's a gallery (maybe not anymore??) and ummmmm... maybe it isn't so crafty...

Central PA crafts are wooden cut-outs of old womens asses you put in your garden, or some bird who's wings whirl in the wind... or a 2 liter bottle with slits cut into it that twirls, or a sweatshirt decorated with puff paint, or stenciling ivy round your kitchen door... effin cheeze to the max...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads