Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone from PA

Just wanted to pop in and say "Hi" from NE Philly.

2. # ADS

Ok, 5 from Philadelphia!!! Cool!

Oh, another Central PA craft I remembered... a 5 ft lighthouse that might even light up, so to warn the boats floating on your lawn away from the wooden ass cut-outs, thus averting disaster.

Another Philly peson, I live off Gray's Ferry.

There used to be a yahoo group called Phlitter (Philly Glitterati) but it has been dead awhile.

We should totally get together, though.

that jail in williamsport is now a bar/club thing the cellblock *rolls eyes*.

I actualy live in East Falls/Germantown area of Philly. I was just referencing Philly's geography as being SE.

So Craftadelhphia (sorry, that's corney) when are we going to have a "crafternoon" (to quote kissmyknitz!)

Edit to add:

I LOVE south Philly folks. I work with a ton of people from there, and they are there own breed of Philly folk. The best in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyknitz
    Oh, Fishfeet, I've lived in State College... wait til this summer's Arts Fest! Big time crafting... and if you get the chance, go to Williamsport and check out the old jail that's a gallery (maybe not anymore??) and ummmmm... maybe it isn't so crafty...

Central PA crafts are wooden cut-outs of old womens asses you put in your garden, or some bird who's wings whirl in the wind... or a 2 liter bottle with slits cut into it that twirls, or a sweatshirt decorated with puff paint, or stenciling ivy round your kitchen door... effin cheeze to the max...
    State college is far from Hazleton. Trust me, it took me almost 2 hours to get from coaldale to state college, it'll probably be 1 1/2 from hazleton. Last time we were there we stayed overnight because we were at a concert at the B. jodan center. Your totally right about the kinds of crafts you find in central PA. I hate to say it but I dispise seeing those "crafts".

Another terrible Central PA craft: A child-sized doll that stands in the corner with hands over eyes -- a "cry-baby" or "hide and seek."

Bridgetroll, I thought you were in AZ? How'd you know about the jail?!?

CRAFTADELPHIA is so stoopid it works! C'mon, let's get tagetha!! ("ye ye ye!")
    How about a Sunday at a coffee shop? Bring your WIP, have a drinkie, no pressure... c'mon, I'm lonely!! (not really) (well maybe a little)

Boheme-Anne... is there a train in your area? How much would it cost to come to Philly for the day? Give yourself a mini vacation and hang with my new super-cool best friends, Craftadelphia? (geez I'm a dork!) =-)

The only train is in Jim Thorpe (which isn't far from me) but it only travels for "scenic tour" that does't actually take you anywhere. The train runs in the fall to look at the foilage, and in winter because Santa is on the train. Thanks for the invite anyway, but driving is a little far-plus I think I'll get lost :( I only ever go to Philly for the Vetern's staduim for concerts, and usually Jim takes a wrong turn going home and we end up in the ghetto. ha ha ha Oh and I've been to the Zoo a few times. Exciting life I live, huh?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads