Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Olympia, WA????

well i'm in seattle...i'd be into going down to olympia some time to knit or something - probably not on a regular basis, but every once in a while would be fun.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by melissabee
    well i'm in seattle...i'd be into going down to olympia some time to knit or something - probably not on a regular basis, but every once in a while would be fun.
    that's a serious trek! but i'd be willing to head into seatown every once in a while myself. just need a reason, especially with these two little ankle-biters in tow.

ankle biters are welcome.

right downtown in olympia there is that outdoor fountain that is fun to bring the kids down to on summer days. they can run around and play and get wet.
    black lake is fun too, just sw of olympia. um, hm. if you are up for a long drive, head out to aberdeen and take them out to the waterfront during migration. it's beautiful. you can see whales and birds like nuts.

I'm not in Oly, but I am in Bremerton. I have two ankle biters, well, more like waist biters now, 7 and 5. I'm always up for some good old craftin or 'junkin'

As for getting out of the house, have you checked out the chamber of commerce? They have tons and tons of things to do and places to see. Alot of times you can get the info online, or even call em up and have them send you stuff. Being a Navy wife, I've had to get pretty resourceful at finding things to occupy myself when I know nobody, and I'm going crazy.

Try volunteering at the co-op!

Ohh! Sweet Olympia! I lived there between 1994-1997, and I would (have loved) to craft with you! Now I'm in WI. I worked in Chehalis and lived in Oly as a 20 something...My main connection to local folks was volunteering at the food co-op (East Side was easy to get in/out of from the hiway, but boths locales have great people involved). It was a super way to feel connected--cashiering 3-4 hours/week made sure I was getting out and then I would grocery shop with my *discount* the same night. (That should be an easy sell!) I got to talk to other likeminds (and others outside of my normal) and meet more than scenester folks. Having kiddos is wonderful, but exhausting! I have an 11 mo old girlie and we moved to Viroqua WI when she was 3 mo old. I'm finally feeling comfy to reach out! Those first few months I just felt so needy and like I was poor friendship material, not being able to put together sentences well, etc.

hermit with kids seeks crafty gal pals

still looking for people to start up a stitch and bitch or SOMETHING in olympia area (even though it's like 45 minutes from me in the boonies).... preferably something involving other human beings over the age of two. of course, kids are welcome too.

ooh ooh!!

i want to join you!

i live in tacoma... and would be more than happy to drive the 30 or so miles to get out of the house.

and kids don't bother me.. i'll have my own little boob attachment in about 6 months.

www... where were you months ago?!? you might just have made that place tolerable!!! i'm back home in the bay area now. and i'm never leaving again. ever!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads