Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Olympia, WA????

Olympia, WA????

new to Oly area. OK. not that new but i don't leave the house much and don't really know anyone that isn't related to my husband. we live in the boonies, about 30 minutes north of oly, so i'm used to having to drive a bit.

looking for crafters for stitch & bitch or whatever. preferably have kids (or at least be tolerant of them....) is anyone here? feeling like a turd in a punchbowl, need to be around my element. and i really need to get out of this damned house.....

2. # ADS

Hey!!! Well, not really in Olympia......I live in Tacoma and I have kidlets as well!

still searching....

still searching for olympia area crafters for thrift shopping, flea markets, coffee, trading craft supplies, ideas, whatever.... also interested in doing some collaboration with someone who is adept with a sewing machine (we're not friends...) i'm technically not in olympia but in potlatch but i'm willing to drive that half an hour to get the *@%& out of here once in a while....

I'm no longer from Oly but I went to The Evergreen State College years ago. Maybe you could put flyers up on the campus. I know if I saw your flyer back when I was a student there, I would have joined your craft group!

i have been to oly tons of times. i used to live in seattle and we would go for yo-yo-a-go-go every time they had it! the downtown area had one particular street with a cool coffee shop on the corner, and then an art studio/music venue called arrowspace, and then a thrift store/record shop...all next door to each other. there was more stuff like that too...i think kill rock stars was right there? i dunno. but there are a lot of hipster kids floating around, mainly in part to evergreen (i second going to the campus!) and the indie-rock scene there. there are also a lot of little galleries, some cheesy, but there may be good info. spend a saturday walking around downtown and i bet you'll find something!

my old roomie is from there! :D

if you put up flyers at the school, and if you put something in the community sections of craigslist, you're bound to find girls with your same interests. there are so many creative people there. is potlatch out neat shelton? or is it on the I-5 side of town?

whoa - somebody's heard of shelton....
    yeah, potlatch is on the other side of the skok rez from shelton.
    i seriously doubt i'll be doing any running around campuses or anything. first of all, i have a 2-year old and a 10 month old, and second, i'm not that proactive in the first place. figure i'll just sit here and wait! somebody will pop up.

so going by the number of views of this thread, there must be either a lot of morbidly curious people or there is actually life in olympia. (i jokes)

so can anyone give me ideas about anywhere to go around here with two ankle-biters in tow? any free or cheap daily outings that will expand their (and my) view of this northwestern world? oly looks like a nifty place, but thus far, i have only been exposed to the retail areas. anyone have any suggestions?

I'm responding to say I don't have anything to say...LOL! Got you hahaha!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads