Thread: Buffalo, NY

Buffalo, NY

I don't know if this is the right place to put this but.....
    On May 6&7 Trinity Church in downtown Buffalo is having it's annual white elephant sale....there is so much stuff! From fabric to kitchenware to furniture.
    The sale starts at 9:30 am both days and on Saturday there's a point in the day where you pay $5 and they give you a large bag and whatever you can fit into it you get. Good deal.

This'll be my first sale (I've got to work at it) but it seems like it'd be a gold mine for anybody who is looking for some crafty projects or is just in need of some stuff to fill an apartment with.

the church is located at 371 Delaware Ave Buffalo, NY 14202

Also, are there any groups that meet up in Buffalo that do crafting? I'd love to meet some more crafty folks in the area.

2. # ADS

Missed it!

Argh; I was in Buffalo that week! I live in Boston now, but was home visiting my parents and doing some wedding-planning stuff. I wish I had known!

I went to a rummage sale at the Presbyterian Church on Elmwood & Lafayette in 1995, and it was the best. I got there near the end, when they were giving away as much as you could fit in a paper bag for a dollar! I got a powder blue trench coat, a dozen fabulous tops (after giving away the ones that didn't work so well), and a working manual camera (well, the light meter was dead, but it worked just fine outdoors) for TWO DOLLARS. That trip was the basis of my wardrobe for the next three years.

I don't know if they do it anymore, but if they do, I highly recommend checking it out.

Sigh...

Jessica

Remove Ads

Ads