Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Making money crafting

Craft? Is the Chinese custom made cheongsam a kind of craft? I'm not sure it

2. # ADS

sell your crafts

Here's a dif approach to selling your crafts. Try selling the technique. Write a kindle version, then sell the book - over and over.

1flowerchild and CarolineM like this.

As the previous poster stated, selling tutorials and books are a good way to reach a broader international audience, and there's no shipping involved!

To sell hard goods, I've had success at craft fairs of all sizes. You want to check them out early, though. The really good ones will be full for the next year, so put your name on the waiting list for when an opening occurs.

I have done craft shows at local schools during the holidays all the way up to week-long huge events in large venues. Remember to engage the people as they walk by, and if you have something to show them how to do, all the better.

Good luck!

Oh, and another option for craft fairs would be to start your own! Then not only would you be able to sell your creations, but you can make money off the table rentals, etc. of other vendors.

Smile Off the top

selling your crafts on eBay and Etsy can make you money - but each will take a portion off the top for selling fees. Not to mention Paypal fees. Do the math when calculating your profit. The customer should always pay the ship fee - or build the mailing cost into the listing fee, list as free shipping.
    1flowerchild likes this.

I agree about ETSY...It is affordable and fairly easy to set up. Plus you have support, communication, and selling resources. Give it a try and see how it works for you.

Set up your own site using Wordpress and its plugins. It's simple compared to normal web design. Anyway, etsy is very competitive, but good for its own reasons. Set up every possible store front you can and hook it all into one email if possible. Makes it easier and you spread your storefront out

The guide below was useful to me for making money crafting and setting up a website when I had no idea what to do. Maybe you'll find it useful also!

tinyurl.com/acz9yoy

Crafting is someone's passion and at other side for someone it is their job to fulfil their daily needs.

Depending on what they are, I would suggest Etsy. Great place and trusted. Another thing to consider is joining local craft fairs. Its a great place to go to get your name out and network with other crafters in your community. Crafters hang out with crafters, who hang out with people who love crafts and so on. Good luck!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads