Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Making money crafting

Everyone is talking about etsy. I was this close to making my store on etsy but when I read their terms and conditions it clearly stated that they will share your information with third parties. That just made me very uncomfortable ESP since they wanted specific info like social security and bank account info. Has any one had a security breach with etsy??

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by ursonate View Post
    charge as much as you possibly can.
    yes ,great post,very raison....

Etsy is a good arts and crafts website

ourclubsite.com/clubs/viewgroup/37-side-gig

Take a look at ourclubsite.com/clubs/viewgroup/37-side-gig. I just started my own club there called “Side Gig” I have some helpful tips on turning your hobby into business and trying to attract new members who can help me post fresh content frequently.

After you look over the materials (I have so far), try creating your own club. You can then list your products in your club store. The key to this strategy is to post good content that will attract others to join your club who will then themselves contribute
    content that will attract others and create this frenzy around your club allowing you to create your own audience. It takes some work yes but, at least you can do it from the comfort of your home. Hope this was helpful.

Everyone seems to swear by Etsy.

Etsy is a great site to start selling your crafts. Don't sweat the small stuff. I NEVER give my SS# out. I have never had a problem. I use Etsy in addition to my eBay store.

147 Thames St, Brooklyn, NY, United States, 11237
    First you should create a website or you can create a free blog on wordpress or blogger. Make it a virtual store room with your goods. And then promote it locally with the help of SEO, Social Media and others or if you want to sale globally then add it on affiliate network sites like ebay, amazon etc. It would be better if you add any discount on your purchase.

147 Thames St, Brooklyn, NY, United States, 11237

Thumbs up Business of Craft selling

Hey Alicia!
    How is your craft business going on.
    I think you were reached your target.

In regards to selling your stuff on Etsy, I've never had an issue with them as far as security goes. If you want to sell ANYWHERE online or make transactions, you'll have to submit some of your personal info like bank account or other payment info. How else would you get paid?

I share a lot of helpful tips for getting started in this post: How to make a living as an artist or crafter!

I think it's important to remember there's no one right way for everyone. Some people can make a lot of money selling their crafts online and some people don't. It depends on what you're making & selling and how much work you put into it.
    Last edited by uproar; 05-21-2016 at 01:40 PM.

I think Etsy is your best bet. Especially for those more bespoke and personalised crafts, you have more a connection with the customer compared to other online marketplaces. Also, I think it's good to identify a niche as it keeps your competition to a minimum and allows you to charge higher prices. Here are a few examples of when Etsy has really paid off.

Tiny adorable crocheted animals
    Cute and adorable animal rings

These girls don't produce large volumes of stock, but make really unique items that they can charge high prices for.

Best wishes

Sarah

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads