Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Making money crafting

Making money crafting

I have been making different crafts for 10 years. Lately I have been thinking of selling some as I am running out of room storing them. DOes anyone have any helpful hints at selling crafts. I am am trying to read everything I can get my hands on.

2. # ADS

charge as much as you possibly can.

start easy with ebay, checkout local shops, flea markets, trunk shows, art events, etc...there really are a lot of angles to try!

I sell my crafts on CraftView.net (yes, I know, I'm also the owner but) I noticed that we seem to get new listings everyday -- so I believe some people are selling on there too. I do pretty well selling my handmade papers and digital scrapbooking kits.

I also tried Ebay -- a friend I know who sells bags didn't sell any at all on Ebay :( (and the bags are great!!)

I use Etsy to sell my crafts (mainly friendship bracelets). I've only had a few sales, but some other people are crazy successful, so it works. Etsy is craft and vintage items oriented, so you are more likely to be found by the right kind of audience - and they don't charge too much in fees either, compared to bigger sites like eBay, where you are less likely to sell anything.

I recommend using Etsy to sell. As pp stated, they only charge $0.20 a listing (much cheaper than eBay's variable charge) and it's a lower percentage taken from items sold. Also, Etsy allows you to keep postings up to 4 months at a time before you have to renew postings. Also, if you are really unsure where to go and how to go about doing it, I just finished reading a book called Crafty Superstar that I totally recommend for anyone wanting to sell crafts for a little extra cash.

Quote Originally Posted by alicia1975 View Post
    I have been making different crafts for 10 years. Lately I have been thinking of selling some as I am running out of room storing them. DOes anyone have any helpful hints at selling crafts. I am am trying to read everything I can get my hands on.
    Craft is the one of the best businesses to make money. It is getting popularity quickly these days. According to me ebay is the good option to shell your crafts where you can good audience to get a good price.
    Buying custom suits At Online Stores

I suggest Etsy. They only charge $0.20 for a listing fee, which is much less than ebay. I don't know many people who make much with ebay. You may also want to look into flea markets and farmers markets in your area. Those are great places to sell crafts. I hope this helps!

Do you have a website to lead customers to? The are real easy to make these days.
    Are you looking for fun, unique and easy crafts?
    http://www.craftsetters.com

I know some people that used shopify to make a website and made the price of their crafts a lot higher and advertised it on google adwords. They made some money, but not enough to make it their only income. Pick good keywords on adwords and you might have yourself a good business idea.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads