Madison Goings-On?

I just moved to Madison, WI a few days ago, and i was curious if there was any stitch 'n' bitchums in the area... It's very difficult to believe that there wouldn't be since this appears to be a very craft-oriented place.
    ANYway... even if there isn't a stitch 'n' bitch, my friend and I are looking for people around here to craft with. She mainly sews and cuts things up and likes to paint, and i mainly sew and cut things up and crochet and if there's a knitter in the area who would like to learn crochet, i'm a crocheter who would like to be a knitter, if you catch my drift.

JeraSue

2. # ADS

madison knitting

Hey I'm a student at Madison. I'm home in the Twin Cities for the summer, but I am co-president of The Knitting Club for UW-Madison. We won't start having meetings again till school starts up again but you would be very welcome to come to meetings. I'm an art student and lately I have been itching to learn more crafts. I only learned to knit in October but I am obsessed with it. I would like to learn to crochet ( I might teach myself this summer). I am also trying to get more into sewing. Anyways, I am also looking for some people to get crafty with so I can learn as much as possible. as for a Madison Stitch 'n' Bitch I have not heard of one. The city does really need one though. You guys should start one and I would definitely come!

Sweet, thanks for the invite!

I'm already with two other people who are so diggin the Stitch 'n' Bitch idea, so we're brainstorming ideas and whatnot as far as where it could be held. Someone suggested Lazy Jane's (coffeehouse?) on a Sunday afternoon because it's so spacious and cozy (i've not been there yet, myself) and people who have school and normal jobs would be free.

So knitting club, EH? That would definately rock. I'm intrigued.

JeraSue

Sweet! I'm moving to Madison this August. I'm a knitter, soap-maker, candle-maker, cross stitcher, quilter, etc.

I'll be starting a PhD program there and I found a great place in the Jenifer street area :)

Where is Lazy Jane's located? I haven't heard of it....but I wasn't very adventurous in finding places last year.

Stitch 'N' Bitch- MADISON!

Lazy Jane's is on Williamson street, and i'm not sure what other street, but it's there. It's cute and it has a kitchen for lunch and stuff. That's the only reservation the ladies over there had, they wanted to be warned if there was going to be 20 people showing up all at once wanting lunch. Otherwise, they all said it would be fine with them.

For the out-of-town-for-now-ers and others who want to keep tabs on what's up, i started a yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StitchNBitchMadison/
    I can't wait to post flyers!

I just wish i knew what kind of turnup (hehe, turnip) to expect, i'd hate to kill the people at Lazy Jane's. I'm a waitress and i HATE it when mobs of 30 walk through the door without warning.

Anyone have any kind of experience with this sort of thing?

JeraSue

Okay, Called Lazy Jane's, and spoke to Lazy Jane herself and Wednesday the 30th at 4pm it is.
    Lazy Jane's is at 1358 Williamson St.

Yay!

Off to design a flier!

JeraSue

before this site changed its layout, there was a girl who was trying to do a madison craft fair. does anyone know if there is still anything like that in the works?

greetings all~ i've just found getcrafty, so wanted to bump this up to see if there are any new happenings around madison. i wouldn't call myself accomplished in any area, really, but am interested in knitting, jewelrymaking, embroidery, and would like to begin sewing in earnest.

anything going on in madison??

I just wanted to let folks know about another group (other than the Lazy Jane one) that I went to yesterday and had a blast with. They call their group "Sip N Knits" and are a great mix of younger and older ladies with many different skill levels. They meet every week, but not everyone comes every week.

Sip N Knits Meetup website
    Sip N Knits Yahoo Group website

Remove Ads

Ads