Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello St. Louis!

To whom it may concern: me and another local gal are meeting at Soulard Coffee Garden this Saturday the 6th at 10 am for some stitchin' and a field trip to Lebanon, IL afterwards.
    Please join us for one or both activities! Look for the short girl with green eyes, tattoos, an iced latte and a basket (that's me).
    There's no reason why we can't get organized too!

2. # ADS

Can't make it, but my sister and I just went to Lebanon last week.
    Gotta love the magic shop. So cute.
    I love the town.

Have a good time. Maybe I'll meet you another day.

I'll keep you updated, PP! We all seem to be fired up about meeting eachother and getting down with the craft!

ya-keep me posted would ya.
    I'd love an insight on the shops you all love in St. Louis.
    Happy Saturday to you.

I'm moving to St. Louis next week-Webster Groves to be exact. I'd like to know when you get together again. I'm not familiar with the area at all.

Yay! Webster Groves is just a hop/skip/jump from where we've been meeting. I know there's a Stitch and Bitch group that meets on Saturday-gonna try to meet up with them this Saturday.

PP-Sewing shops or shopping shops? FiFi's On Grand has moved to Delmar, but she has great rockabilly/retro hipster gear. I can usually be found prowling the aisles of Value Village Thrift Store. I'm way too cheap to spend more than $20 on an item of clothing, but I'm trying to get over it. Ziezo on Delmar has some great stuff and some "heh?" stuff. Very, very desirable jewelery.
    What does IL have to offer me? I don't get over there as often as I could.

Thanks for the tips.
    I love U. City! I would love to find a shop to carry my wares there.
    Unfortunately Southern Ill. doesn't have a whole lot. If you go further Central Champaign and Chicago are the way to go if you are looking for hip boutiques or crafty inspiration.
    How was Lebanon?

Good Luck with the move Moergy~

Southern Illinois Speaks Up

Punkin Pie is right......southern Illinois can be lacking in craftiness. But we do have Makanda, which has a great junk store and at least 3-4 great stores including a candle shop, metal smith, art gallery, and a shop with a mix of things. There are also a few shops in Carbondale to check out and a good number of thrift stores in the area. And don't forget the wine trail and orchard shops. I haven't been to these places in a while so if the city mice ever want to take a field trip to visit the country mice, let me know.

Also if in ST. Louis.....

The Downtown St Charles area use to have some good shops, especially a magic shop or two. And if you are a fabric artist, there is a fabric store next to TJ Maxx that is called 'Decorator Outlet' or something. You can get decorator fabric for as little as $1 yard.

Punkin pie--your purse will be in the mail this week. The 'rents were here last week and I have not yet recovered.

Southern Illinois Speaks Up

Punkin Pie is right......southern Illinois can be lacking in craftiness. But we do have Makanda, which has a great junk store and at least 3-4 great stores including a candle shop, metal smith, art gallery, and a shop with a mix of things. There are also a few shops in Carbondale to check out and a good number of thrift stores in the area. And don't forget the wine trail and orchard shops. I haven't been to these places in a while so if the city mice ever want to take a field trip to visit the country mice, let me know.

Also if in ST. Louis.....

The Downtown St Charles area use to have some good shops, especially a magic shop or two. And if you are a fabric artist, there is a fabric store next to TJ Maxx that is called 'Decorator Outlet' or something. You can get decorator fabric for as little as $1 yard.

Punkin pie--your purse will be in the mail this week. The 'rents were here last week and I have not yet recovered.

I've Arrived

Okay-I'm getting settled in my apartment in Webster Groves. My classes don't start until next week and I am bored. Are there any yarn shops close to me? Can anyone give me directions?? :) I'm actually looking for anything to do to fill up the week so any suggestions are appreciated. :)
    Thanks!
    Miriam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads