Random Act of Kindness

ummmmm....so how about starting a Random Act of Kindness Thread over here? Just post your list of whatever things you are looking for and if someone wants to send it they'll email for your addy...unless of course you would prefer to be surprised, then I can handle all inquiries....what do y'all think?

mel

2. # ADS

oh, thats sweet! i'm not really looking for anything right now, but if i think of anything, ill post it:)

I want to bump this thread. I, too, think it's a great idea, but the things I'm looking for right now are not appropriate for this venue, i.e.:

time

energy

inspiration (actually, I often get this right here, so it's just something I'm always looking for.

A grown-up man i can respect who respects me to love and be loved by.

...wha?...TMI,
    okay, okay, ........Bump

this is from my blog, great minds think alike!!
    - You know the co-worker you walk by everyday on your way to your desk? Stop at their cubicle and ask them how they are doing. Notice the decorations they have on their desk, maybe you will learn something new and exciting about them.
    - At lunch or dinner today, order something you never thought you would order. Ask yourself why you never thought of eating that before.
    - Call your mom or dad, sister or brother and chit chat about things like their favorite TV show or the last pair of shoes they just bought.
    - If you see someone wearing a cool piece of clothing, tell them they look great!
    - Look through your closet to the stuff you hardly ever wear and then put something that you had forgot about.
    - Drive, walk or ride home in a different path than usual, even if it takes a bit longer.
    - Do you always drive by the same store and wonder what they sell? Pull over and go check it out.
    - Go to the book store, pick up some weird magazines you never knew existed and read them in the cafe area.
    - Buy a blank canvas and use old magazines or newspaper to make a self-portrait collage.
    - Go to a record store and pick up an album you used to love from way back when.
    - Watch a Mexican soap opera and try to figure out the storyline, even if you don't speak Spanish.
    - Whenever someone does something nice for you, look them in the eye and say *thank you* like you mean it.
    - Go see a movie you've been curious about, even if you have to go by yourself. Just do it!
    - Next time you see puppies for sale on the street corner, pull over and hold a few of them. The cute factor alone will make you happy!
    - Leave the last bite of your yummy dessert for the guaradian angel who hangs out over your shoulder. They might like desserts too!
    - Next time you hear someone groaning and griping, give them a compliment to lighten the mood.
    and here are some of the comments i got back:

How about putting money in someone's meter?? Someone once put 4 dollars in mine which had expired!!
    Also what about dropping a card or a note of thanks to a house that has flowers or shrubs you admire....such a treat to get a note like that!
    Write a card of thanks to a teacher or friend from the past who impacted you as a teenager. ITs wonderful to know you have made a difference! Pay for a coffee for the next person behind you in line.
    Leave homemade fridge magnets at a coffee shop for people to find...you can do this with bookmarks too!
    E-mail an artist whose art you like and tell them you have been inspired! Give a letter of appreciation to the manager of your favourite grocery store to honour an employee...you can do that with your gas station attendant too....especially if they go the extra mile for you!

Remove Ads

Ads