Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well then! Who's down for meeting up at the Whistle Stop on August 1st? I'll be there; you can spot me by my blond & pink hair, and the lavendar afghan I'm working on.
    Atomic, did you go to the Whistle Stop on Sun.? Sorry, I was unable to go, but I was wondering if you did, and did you have fun?

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by misspenni
    Atomic, did you go to the Whistle Stop on Sun.? Sorry, I was unable to go, but I was wondering if you did, and did you have fun?
    Haha, funny story. Ahem.

I was actually there Saturday night, after four hours of margarita drinking at Casa de Bandini. Somehow I managed to throw out my shoulder on the dancefloor (don't even want to dwell on what I did to manage that). So I spent all day Sunday laying on the couch with my good friends Ice & Ibuprofen, and it wasn't until 11pm that it dawned on me, "oops, was supposed to be somewhere this afternoon."

Sigh...

Hi Everyone,

I'm in San Diego too. Where exactly is everyone in SD? I'm in La Costa (North County).

Hey, I'm in San Diego! Golden Hill to be exact.

I go to the whistlestop knitting group a lot. Say hi, I have short light brown hair and a big phoenix tattoo on my arm.

good local yarn stores are The Grove in South Park (accross the street from the whistlestop) and The Needlecraft Cottage in Pacific Beach.

san diego craft/art events free

Hey Ladies, what could be better?

Local Designers selling one of kind fashion Jewelry, Handbags, Clothes and Accessories…

Friday Sept. 3, 2004
    First Fridays at Martini Ranch
    Wearhaus presents "Beauty Bar"
    Martini Ranch Downtown
    5:00pm to 9:00pm

San Diego, CA

$FREE$
    Featuring Local Designer Showcase,
    Free
    Food and CHEAP Drinks!
    Ages: 21+

&
    Saturday, September 11, 2004
    Visual Graffiti @ Red Circle Cafe
    by 1/8 Fresh
    NO COVER BEFORE 10pm

420 E st.
    San Diego, CA 92101
    6:00:00 PM - 11:00:00 PM

Fashion Trunk & Art Show featuring Local Fashion
    Designers including:
    “While my Babies were Sleeping”
    1/8 Fresh ,Vains Vines Jewelry, Kokoro jewelry, MindTrix, Congo lovehandbags, and Tacabola

Artists :
    Jason Coe, Frankie Samaro, Celene and many more...

Also, Live Blues by Velvet Crumble-DJs Jolt and Fenn
    Ages: 21+
    Email: xtalmolina@hotmail.com
    URL: http://www.1-8freshgearnart.com

hi there!
    I live in SD in Carmel Valley. I know at least 3 san diegans who were on the old glitter, monkey_thoughts, vicky vale and alomara. We should do something, I'm just frigtfully bad at organizing and then having the motivation to follow through, unless it's a specific one on one meeting, then i've never flaked.

As for local shops, i know the black bead in OB has some pretty cool beads, i haven't found a great knitting store, the needlework cottage in PB is a great place for some stuff, I haven't bought there, b/c i was looking for cashmere to fix a sweater and she didn't have the right colors, but she was super friendly and recommended me to other needlework and knitting stores. There are two more needlework stores in la jolla, oddly enough they're across the street from each other!

I went to one and the lady was really friendly about helping me find a matching color in french wool, which she said no one would notice the difference, and I don't think anyone has :)

i think it might be needlework of lajolla or needlecraft, one of them.

Anyhoo, I buy upholstery type fabrics in clairemont mesa at that big fabric store near vons and biglots, and i can't remember the name of it right now, as a bonus there's a krispy kreme (free hot now donuts) and a 99 cents only store there, as well as a michaels.

jt

Are you guys still here?

Hi, I was on the boards a loooong time ago but rejoined recently when I saw some SD folks. I live in North Park,work OB. Anyone wanna do something?

BTW, theres a great yarn stro in Encinitas, the Black Sheep right on 101. I know its a haul but if you go on the weekend theres a cool Seaside Bazaar and of course always Swamis.

delayed response

hey, are you guys still organizing to get together in SD? i used to be part of the old glitter and only just found out that getcrafty forums had been revived, so i am a bit behind on the response! i am definitely interested in more craft-togethers. i mostly knit lately, but dabble in other crafty endeavors as time allows.

we had once organized our own little underground knit-together that met about monthly, but the group kind of fizzled as people moved and i lost motivation. i have tried going to the meetups etc, but have been somewhat put off by the VERY large group that goes.

for those asking about yarn shops, in addition to the needlecraft cottage in PB and the one in la jolla, there is also Two Sisters and Ewe in La Mesa, as well as Common Threads and Black Sheep in Encinitas. Also, The Grove in South Park (almost across the street from the whistelstop) stocks a small bit of yarn and supplies.

hello i live in seattle i am always looking for the newest and hottest sneakers around my cousin told me about this website called www.sneakercountry.com please let me know if anyone has shopped there and if s what did you think of there shoes and service

email me at akyuyu2000@yahoo.com

hey little g, are you greta? I'm Jennifer, I went to Tufts...anyway if it's you, we met once or twice and I totally fell out of the knitting loop b/c I moved farther north. I'd be up for a SD get together, but they always seem to be downtown. Maybe we could do a shopping type get together at the black sheep place, i've never seen it although I've been on the 101 in encinitas many a time, maybe a yarn buying trip and a trip to pizza port in solana beach might be in order? :)

jt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads