Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    [quote="laurenmarie"]craigslist was def a help...east bay area (specifically mission beach) looks like where im having the most luck with reasonable prices and not-too-crappy looking apts/condos
    quote]

are you thinking the mission district in SF? there's some great stuff around there and some not-so-great... depends on what part of mission you're looking at - definitely would want to check it out first hand before committing!

2. # ADS

no actually i think i was confused as to what the east bay area was - - i was thinking san diego rather than san fran! anyway, im looking at mission beach near san diego. whoops.

also, jet blue is having 99$ one way to CA from JFK so im sure ill end up going out there at least once and driving around forever to see what all these different places are like, and also so i dont move to east bay thinking its san diego !

I don't know if you have already made the plunge, but I live in San Diego and while it's awesome and you could totally rent for under 2000 in the Mission Beach area and probably get a smallish house, there is really poor public transportation. i.e. you will be driving your car pretty much everywhere. I had a fender bender and was w/o car for 2 weeks and had to take the bus downtown and a 20 minute drive (everything is 20 min apart in our speak) took me about an hour. Not cool. I've taken the coaster too, and the stops are kind of far from the area you're looking at, i.e. they're good if you live up in carlsbad and want to ride downtown, not so good if you live near downtown and want to go there, then again I know very few people who work downtown, and they all drive.

jt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads