For NYC crafters

Hi there. I was hoping you would be so kind as to answer a few questions for me about where you get your craft supplies and such. I am planning a new space in Brooklyn just for you, so of course I'd like to cater it to your needs as much as possible. Thanks so much. If you feel so inclined to contact me directly through any of the websites below, please feel free.

1. What types of crafts fo you enjoy?
    2. Where do you usually find the materials for these crafts?
    3. What materials do you have the most difficulty finding?
    4. Are you a member of any craft groups - if so, where does it usually meet?
    5. If you aren't a member of a group, would you like to join one in the future?
    6. Have you taken any crafting classes in the city, if so, where?
    7. What borough do you live in? Would you travel out of borough to buy materials, or participate in a class or crafting group?
    8. Do you have children? Is crafting something you do together?
    9. Do you find it difficult to do the projects you'd like to because your apartment is too small?

2. # ADS

1. What types of crafts to you enjoy?
    I guess it depends on your definition of "craft". I cook, paint, draw, and blow glass. As far as the painting and drawing goes, I do it for its own sake, but also to make something useful like stationary (for instance). I would get into wood working (with my partner) if we had the space and tools.

Art supply stores and online.

None at this time.

No.

Interestingly enough, I would want to join a sewing group. I feel intimidated, though, as my skills are so limited.

No.

7. What borough do you live in? Would you travel out of borough to buy materials, or participate in a class or crafting group?
    I live in Brooklyn. I would like to think I would leave the borough, but I probably wouldn't. I guess it depends on what the class/group was all about.

Not yet. But if/when I do have kids, I would like art and crafting to be a part of their lives.

9. Do you find it difficult to do the projects you'd like to because your apartment is too small?
    YES YES and YES. The size of our apartment has really stifled my artistic aspirations.

moving this to craft-up.

knitting, quilting, wheel-throwing

various web sites, from eBay to knitpicks.com and purlsoho.com. occasionally city quilter in chelsea.

unusual, high-quality fabric—i.e., not just moda fabric w/ civil-war-era designs. i have an embarrassingly large stash of old feedsacks, but i want more beautiful solid-color, new cottons, but with a more luxurious feel than basic quilting cotton.

no

maybe

yes, through makeworkshop.com

jersey city. i buy materials in the city, and would go into some parts of brooklyn, but not often.

no

yes!

answer

I enjoy knitting, decoupage collage work, making soaps, candles, cards, a little jewelry making...
    I have to drive all the way to queens to get to Michael''s-it''s the cheapest
    Well Yarn and beads (jewelry supplies). Those I purchase online, mostly. It''s hard to get any craft materials at all in NYC at a descent price
    no, Id like to join some tho...
    5. If you aren''t a member of a group, would you like to join one in the future?
    yeah, sure!
    no, I''m self taught.
    I live in brooklyn. I travel out of my borough all the time for supplies.
    I have a baby girl, but she''s too young for crafts yet.
    9. Do you find it difficult to do the projects you''d like to because your apartment is too small?
    well, it''s hard to store my craft supplies mostly...

Remove Ads

Ads