craft workshop Sun, Aug 1st @ Ladyfest Bay Area (California)

i'm sure most of you know that this weekend is the second Ladyfest Bay Area. I taught a workshop in 2002 at the previous Ladyfest on using recycled materials in art to create shrines. This year, we are again trying to help people see alternative paths to art - being creative without an art-school budget. Our prototype projects are books made out of matchbooks, tins, and other ordinary objects reframed as narrative containers.

i hope some of you can make it to the workshop! i *think* it is a $3-5 sliding scale charge. Ladyfest is a fundraiser for two really important local women's art groups. See http://www.ladyfestbayarea.org/beneficiaries.html for details.

creating without consuming will be 1:45 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. on sunday, august 1st. it will be held at everrett middle school, at 450 church st. i suggest arriving at 1:30 to get your ticket and get settled before the workshop starts. since we only have 90 minutes, we have to start right away! http://www.ladyfestbayarea.org/venues.html

also, i will be bringing some scissors, glues, etc, but if you have scissors to bring with you, it will make your craft time even more enjoyable!

for your other crafty interests, there is DIY Beginner Crochet, from 12-1:30 on sunday, august 1st.

2. # ADS

Remove Ads

Ads