New Cincinnati Knitting group!

Good morning everyone! I''m new to getcrafty as well as knitting in general. I taught myself last fall, beginning with a scarf, and have been crazy about it since. I have 4 scarves, 4 hats (2 on double pointed needles!!), a Dr. Doom doll and a Domo Kun doll under my belt. I haven''t been around any other knitters so I still lack the terminology and certain skills and knowledge and I FINALLY just visited my first yarn/knit store this weekend!!!!! Anyway, long story short, I thought about joining a group, but when I realized I had a few friends and co-workers and such that wanted to join too, I decided to create a new knitting group in my area! I''m very VERY excited about it, I have the location set up, Sitwells Cafe on Ludlow Ave in Cincinnati, I''ve spoken to the owner and she is just as thrilled as me! So I wanted to get this all out so I can have an open invite to anyone who might want to join/stop by.

Time is up in the air right now, only because I want to get a feel for everyone’s schedules first. The plan is either late morning on Saturday or Sundays OR Mondays or Wednesdays after 5pm.

If anyone is interested, has suggestions, tips, help, welcomes, advice, wisdom ANYTHING!! Please contact me! If you live local, pretty please join us!! I really need more experienced knitters, since I''m so new to this!

Thanks and take care

Miya

2. # ADS

welcome to getcrafty!
    i'm moving your post to 'craft up' as it isn't really food related other than possibly taking place in a cafe!

Update!!

It has been settled, Every other Saturday afternoon at 1:30 at Sitwells on Ludlow Ave, you can visit the site to get directions!! Sitwells.net
    1st group on November 3rd. If something changes I will post an update.
    I really hope there are some local people around who want to join up!!

Thanks
    Miya

Welcome! I just moved back to Cincinnati and am trying to connect with other crafters! I am organizing a craft show for cincinnati in the spring and would love you to join. I will be putting up a website soon with more info and am looking for a venue also. Yay for Cincinnati craftiness!

-emily

Let me know when you have more details. In the mean time you should join my little group. This Saturday will be the first meeting!!
    Hope to see you there!!

I haven't really much experience with knitting, my sister has taught me on two different occassions and I still can't find the attention span to sit down and finish anything! I may come and visit though anyway!

-emily

Please do! Maybe you'll find you like to knit better with company? Bring your sister! Regardless sitwells has excellent food and drink, I recommend the briemato, it is a butter croissant with toasted brie cheese, tomato, basil and greens. oh so good.

If anyone needs directions to sitwells you can visit their site at Sitwells.net or send me a message!

I wanted to remind and update in case anyone is interested in the Cincinnati area! Next Sat 15th at Sitwells on Ludlow ave 1:30p !!!

Remove Ads

Ads