+ Reply to Thread

Suggestions? Consignment Boutique in San Jose, California

I am new to this forum and was wondering if I can get any tips or suggestions regarding opening a consignment boutique for handmade arts/crafts.

My first love has always been arts & crafts. After all these years, this is still what I want to do. I thought it would be nice to find a consignment store locally that will display and sell my creations. But during my search, I didn't really find any that will carry my items. So I decided, it would be nice to create a place where I could show and sell my creations and invite my fellow artists to do the same.

Would anyone be interested in something like this?

Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated :)

2. # ADS

OMG YES!!!! i was just thinking that we really don't have anything like that here in san jo. i'm wondering if it might not be a bad idea to open it up to clothing as well? i don't think we even have much of any consignment stores that sell clothes. furniture, yes, but that seems to be it....

i know i for one would like to have the option of selling my vintage and designer stuff that way rather than getting pennies on the dollar straight selling them.

but seriously, hit me up via PM when you plan to get started - i have a printshop near the san jose airport and am down for the cause! i also know a lot of artists and craftspeople around here so i might be able to spread the word....

i'm actually going to move this to "craft up" so it doesn't get lost in all the ads here....

Hi sarabell! Thanks a bunch for responding and moving my post :D

I recently just placed a deposit on a space! Although the place is not that big, it's a start. It's one of the retail spaces that is a part of the Legacy at Museum Park apartments along W. San Carlos. The space is available on November. My idea is to invite fellow artisans and give them an assigned space in the store to display their creations. Each one can decorate their spot. They can visit the store once every two weeks or so to make changes on their display tables. Or just get together to share creative energies :)

I will certainly keep you posted. And if you or anyone else have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Btw, would anyone know of a good consignment POS System?

Thank you!

we have a rull microsoft RMS with cash register/drawer, digital tower, flat screen. bar code scanner and printer, and credit card scanner for sale....

interested!

Hi! I stumbled across this post while googling for craft venues in San Jose -- I''m new to getcrafty.com but signed up just so I could reply! I wanted to let you know I would be very interested in a vending opportunity like this. I have had my own Etsy shop for a while now and am currently looking at more opportunities to sell in person. It sounds like I could walk to the place you''ve found -- how cool is that?

I make handcrafted knitting needles, jewelry, and other stuff. Would love to talk further with you about this!

Thanks,
    Jen
    the Mama in Mama''s Magic Studio

Good morning Ladies! Sorry for being offline last week :( And for some reason, I didn't get an email when a reply was posted.

@sarabell, I found a consignment software and currently testing it. So far, it seems like it has everything I need. I will let you know if things change.

@mamasmagicstudio, I'm glad you found us here. And happy to hear that you are interested in the store idea. If you have any specific questions, please let me know. You may send me a pm on here.

Thanks,
    Enica

I know this thread is a few years old, but I stumbled across it today, and I'm wondering if you got your consignment shop up! I'd be interested in more info if you're accepting new consignments...

Ads