BookCrossing -- free your books!

Register a book at http://www.bookcrossing.com, get a unique ID number & label the book. Release it (give it to a friend, swap it here on Hip Home Ec, donate it to charity, "forget" it in a coffee shop, etc.) and get notified by e-mail each time someone goes to BookCrossing.com and records a journal entry for that book. And if you make release notes, others can go hunting for the book you left.
    When you register, say "editorgrrl" sent you.

2. # ADS

Yep, I've been registered for a while. Haven't released many books since I've moved three times in one year. My library is down to serious keepers.

I have an e-friend in another forum who has sent me some of her books that she would have released via Book Crossing, but sent them to me first.

It's important to put a note about the book being free on the jacket. I would feel uncomfortable just picking up a book without knowing who had left it or why.

I'm another bookcrosser! (BCName: Kuju)! I've just moved to London from Australia so I don't have any of my craft books with me but I always love looking in them and collecting them. Never thought to look on BC! Just noticed a book on your bookshelf Karen that I'd be interested in. PM'ing you now!

Would be a fantastic way to swap/share crafty books and make notes.

Thank you for reminding me about this. I will be moving in little over a month and Bookcrossing would an excellent way for me to send the non-essential volumes in my library to good homes.

Danielepea - The monthly bookcrossing meetup is on the July 13th worldwide. There is sure to be one in NYC and you could take your non-essential books along and be guaranteed that they will go to new homes! An easy way to drop them off to bookcrossers. Make sure you register them all first. Always fun to track where they end up. http://bookcrossing.meetup.com for more details.

Thanks Karen!

I hadn't heard about this site and I think it's a great concept- I signed on as b-grrrl. I'll check out hunting locations for later this afternoon in a minute.

Any crafty bookrings going on? Just wondering if we should make our own BLANK book ring.. for crafty notes.

I have been bookcrosser over a year now, silent bookcrossing summer, but I'm going to activate again.

Remove Ads

Ads