Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tips For Taking Better Travel Photos

Whether you are have a point and shoot or a DSLR camera, you'd want to take some 'wow' photos home from a trip. Maybe you can for your travel, some photo like , I like the . You'd also want the photos to remind you of how glad you went where you went in the first place. In the past, I had my moments when I thought, "…why didn't I see and cut out that awful lamp post at the side?" And so I grew a little wiser as I took more photos. Here are 10 tips for grabbing your shots on the road:

For photography newbies, learn to ditch ‘auto' or ‘P' mode on your camera, and use selected aperture and shutter speed settings for more control if you can.
    Clear out the clutter and focus on a main subject. You don't need to include everything in the frame. Do you want that tree or post-box in the frame? What are you trying to tell with your picture?
    Step up and shoot closer whenever able to. A lot of people tend to stay too far back when taking vacation shots.
    Use a self-timer to trip the shutter to minimize blur and camera shake in low light conditions or when using a slow shutter speed (say, of 1/15 and below) when handholding camera. Most times, your tripod may not be with you, you'll need to improvise.
    Vary your camera angle, level and framing on your shots. Shoot low, from high up, from the ground up, up the dog's nose. Take filled frames but also frame with background detail for scale and setting on some shots.
    Use a pre-focus - choose an aperture around F8. That way, if you grab the camera and point at an object, say, 5 feet away, you'd get sharpness on things lying within 3 feet to 10 feet in the frame. You can focus on a spot where you anticipate the action will happen using this method. This helps the camera locks focus faster and works great for quick, candid shots, particularly when you don't want to tip your subjects off that they are being photographed.
    Shoot multiple shots on a subject you like. Take one shot, move two steps forward, take another. Don't forget to take a vertical shot too. Most people tend to frame shots horizontally, but a vertical shot often allows you to fill a frame, looks different and uses space more effectively.
    Take landmarks, interesting signage, neon lights, colourful things, etc. Observe light direction, and shadow or texture of objects, buildings and landscape. They all add character to your photo.
    Take care of your camera, and keep it free of dirt and dust when travelling. Buy a good camera bag, a blower brush and soft, microfiber cloth, and memory cards. Take a backup camera with you if have one.
    Be sensitive to cultural differences. Ask permission to take a shot of that nice native for example, or the farmer. Don't try to take photos of things when it is illegal or impolite to do so.

The last word is, remember, you're on holiday, so make sure you don't see everything only through your lens. You don't need to photograph everything. If you want to capture everything, you want to strap a videocam to your head, not use a camera. Relax and enjoy the trip.

2. # ADS

Tips For Taking Better Travel Photos-travel-photography_hp_header.jpg

For example, by including two human figures in the frame, the glacier image above conveys the vast scale of the Alaskan landscape. Meanwhile, the image on the right is a good example of creating your own luck and being prepared to capture spontaneous events you might not see back home.

Thanks! This is very useful!

Very interesting tip to capture the sights during travel trip. Photography is the art and these tips are very helpful to groom this art.
    Last edited by Elias48; 04-27-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    aged care queensland
    Glenvale Supported Living
    182-184 Hursley Road Toowoomba QLD 4350 Australia
    Phone : +61 1300 765 051
    http://www.glenvalesupportedliving.com.au/
    Providing community aged care supported living housing in Toowoomba, the Glenvale Villas are the perfect option for your loved ones, if they need a little extra help with daily living.

Thanks for the tips, will give it a try on my trip to Cabo next month.

I will give it a try on my vacation. Thanks for sharing these tips.
    Love to share pretty beaded jewelry making tutorials and DIY making instructions on pandahall.

I think the camera is often very important. You should choose a good camera.

Hi, You shared really nice information and tips for the travelling photos. I would like to share an incident you which happened just a few days before. I go out of city on my weekend and when I come back the door lock and window glass was broken and there are many thing was missed. So I must recommend you to all must make secure your home before going anywhere.

brisbane alarm monitoring
    Last edited by Zachary01; 06-28-2013 at 10:38 PM.

These r useful!!! Thank u for sharing!!!
    enjoy a visual feast on pandahall!

I've always liked taking disposable Fujifilm cameras. There are only say 20 shots on them, so it keeps you from being too involved with your camera, but you get some great looking keep sakes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads